SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Burger King Now Selling...Tacos?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burger King Now Selling...Tacos? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I really miss some of the fast food that is no longer available.

BK use to have a "yumbo" ham and cheese
Taco Bell use to have a "Bell Burger" hamburger bun with ground taco meat and spices, lettuce and tomato.
McDs use to have fresh cut potato fries.

of course some of these were late night "munchies" for when...

tymll

john

Posts: 476 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In AZ, at least in my area, Burger King tried Tacos about 10 years ago and it was my understanding that they were using the same food vendor as Jack in the Box therefore they were same/similar tacos.

They didn't last long and someone at a local BK told me that there is one guy who owns almost all the BK's in the PHX market and he did not like the idea so he stopped it.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I love BK's Bacon King!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The Burger King I tried the last couple of times has chunks of bone in their burger patties. I quit eating there before I broke a tooth.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
if a mcdonald's isn't handy, bk coffee'll do.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The real question is will Taco Bell sell Whoppers??

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Eventually after the franchise wars are over, all restaurants will be Taco Bell...

Demolition Man

I still to this day have a Demolition Man plastic cup from Taco Bells promotion of the movie way back when...still us it also

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
Passed a Long John Silvers yesterday that had a sign advertising their new fish tacos...

The grilled shrimp tacos are fairly good. I don't mind their fish tacos, I like the Baja sauce and slaw on them.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:

They have sold Tacos in the Chicago area for years. 2 Tacos for about $1.50, used to be 2 for $1.00.

I like them, so bad they are actually good.
So far, with 20 + posts in this thread I have not seen a response other than armored's, from anybody who has actually tasted a BK taco.

Anybody? Don't be shy, we won't judge you.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Yo quiero rey de hamburguesas doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Roll Eyes

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
I can get 2 greasy jack in the box tacos for $1.00

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:

And I love them.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son and I went to BK and had dinner tonight. We tried the taco abomination and it was pretty bad. It was greasy and there wasn't that much meat paste in it. We both agreed that Taco Bell was better.

That sparked a thought and for a new tradition for us both. We decided to go on a "food crawl", I called it. His face lit up and his smile was priceless. We had BK double Whopper meals and a taco, then we went to Chic Fil A and split a 12 pack of nuggets. Next door to Chic was an Arby's, so we got a roast beef sandwich. If that wasn't enough,being we both talked about tacos, we went to Taco Bell and ordered some double decker tacos. I don't want to see fast food for a while but it was worth his reaction.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I don't think there is meat in the BK Taco.
Corn shell, re-fried beans, lots of lettuce with some salsa (more like cocktail sauce)poured into the shell, just enough grease.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
Each order has 2 tacos.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid growing up in NY, we had Jack in the Box. My sister liked the tacos, and taught me to like them. But they bugged out of the northeast decades ago.

Every one in a while I'll go to Vegas. They still operate out there. At least one lunch during the trip is at JitB. There taco shell is different than Taco Bell (who apparently invented the hard taco), and is better.

quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:

And I love them.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
The real question is will Taco Bell sell Whoppers??

I've had a few whoppers AFTER visiting Taco Bell.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
This guy sums it I pun a nutshell Razz...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/ibu_OmPN1Es

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
From the pics I have seen these look like they were cooked in grease so I will probably pass. As far as burger chains selling Mexican food though, back in the 90's McDonald's used to sell chicken fajitas. Man they were good! A couple of those with their picante sauce and a 'combat' sized fry (basically a small Micky D's bag full of french fries) after a night out hit the spot!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Fish Tacos? there has to be more than one off color joke associated with that....

You know the saying:

(I decided to delete the rest, it has to do with what a taco looks like)

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did not know they offered them ,
the stupid lettering on the drive through menu is so small, I couldn't read the damn thing.

I can recommend the bacon king though,
I get mine with pickles and onion .
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/W8O5RMObTEE/maxresdefault.jpg

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post