SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Burger King Now Selling...Tacos?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burger King Now Selling...Tacos? Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
They are selling diamonds too! Well actually giving it away

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6008 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by armored:

They have sold Tacos in the Chicago area for years. 2 Tacos for about $1.50, used to be 2 for $1.00.

I like them, so bad they are actually good.
So far, with 20 + posts in this thread I have not seen a response other than armored's, from anybody who has actually tasted a BK taco.

Anybody? Don't be shy, we won't judge you.

Just had a few yesterday....not good, all you're eating is a hard shell and what I think is pulverized meat smeared on the soggy bottom of the shell, the Taco sauce is yucky, actually makes Jack in the Box Tacos look pretty good.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
You want real fast food? A 'Cubano' from any small shop in New Orleans.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Well, I tried a couple today.

First, let me say I don't have a problem with junk/fast food. I'll never be a food critic for a large metropolitan newspaper. I eat at McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, and Taco Bell several times a month. It's not great, but it's tolerable.

But the tacos, I won't be trying again. Like a couple have said, there's no identifiable meat on them, just some kind of paste. Very little cheese and lettuce, and some kind of sauce. The shells are deep fried and not crunchy, but they will break and they are really tough.

A dollar each is way too much to charge.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eltonr:
I really miss some of the fast food that is no longer available.

BK use to have a "yumbo" ham and cheese
Taco Bell use to have a "Bell Burger" hamburger bun with ground taco meat and spices, lettuce and tomato.
McDs use to have fresh cut potato fries.

of course some of these were late night "munchies" for when...

tymll

john

Those Yumbo's were great!!

Posts: 13677 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Calculating Cooling
Capacity In Hell
Picture of sig239srt
posted Hide Post
They had to do something! Their burgers are nasty. In the 80's they were better than McDonald's and others. Not even sure why they are even around anymore.

Posts: 2625 | Location: AZ | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staple Gun Extraordinaire!
Picture of sig-x
posted Hide Post
I ordered one and it was disgusting.

Posts: 9949 | Location: SE MI | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Up the street was the most disgusting Burger Binge in the world. A minute inside impregnated your clothes with the smell and texture of a cramped kitchen in dive bar. Even in the late 1990s it was a hole. Imagine living under a bush, dragging yourself into a tiny greasy spoon kitchen to work 12 hours over a deep fryer and grill, then back into the elements until your next shift. Never changing your clothes. That is what the place smelled like. Truly disgusting to the point even the imbalanced avoided its sit-down portion.

Last year BK razed it to bare virgin clay and rebuilt. I've been in twice since. Perfect Whopper, just like the ones I had in the early 1980s. Perfect fries. Fresh and hot.

If they want to sell a taco for a buck, you're probably getting a buck's worth of corporate taco. It may be a test for other food.

I'll eat at TB once a year. Fun Fun for 45 minutes, but it always leaves me feeling blah. Tacos? The best ones are made here. Chili cheddar tacos are all one needs. The essentials. Meat, cheese, tortilla.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Years ago, the closest BK was 100 miles away. We'd stop when we made the trip and loved the Whopper. Now we have one a mile away and never even consider stopping - even for tacos. Is it Me?
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post