SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
I thought this was cool - the Danish National Symphony Orchestra

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkM71JPHfjk

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Very nice, bamajeepster.

In this spirit, and this may have already made the rounds here, but this version of Toto's Africa is performed without a single musical instrument:

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Lounge = Lair II

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I posted 3 or 4 months back in the lounge thinking i was the first. Nope. Pretty awesome. The whole set of three are very good.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Very Cool!
I always pictured the Whistler to be a cowboy looking man....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://genius.com/Ennio-morri...d-the-ugly-annotated

(tom-tom drum beat starts)
(soprano recorder) wah wah wah
(soprano recorder) wah wah wah wah
(marching snare drum beat starts, chimes)
(bass ocarina) whistling, ha who
(bass ocarina) whistling, ho ho
(chimes, bass ocarina) whistling, who who
(bass ocarina, whistling) who who who who who
(electric guitar picking starts snares)
Go go go eh go
(chimes) go go go ehgo
(chimes) go go (chimes) ehko
(chimes) go go go
(chimes)
Male choir
(chimes)
(galloping drum beat starts) …

(chimes) Ah~ah~ah~ah, wah wah wah
Go go go
(chimes) Ah~ah~ah~ah, wah wah wah
Go ehko go
(chimes) Ah~ah~ah , wah wah wah wah
Go ehko go go go
(chimes) Ah~ah~ah~ah, wah
(trumpets, sdfx) male & female choir
(soprano recorder)
Ah~ah~ah~ah
(soprano recorder)
(chimes)
(galloping drum beat starts, electric guitar picking starts)
Male choir joined by female choir (strings)
Ah~ah~ah~ah, eh ko ehko go, wah wah wah
(soprano recorder) wah, eh ko go ro
(strings)
(chimes)
(strings

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Cool There is so much GOOD STUFF on SigForum!!! Cool

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I really, really, really needed both of those today. Thanks very much.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing. The music is beautiful!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Nice - Love this place too -
Thanks Bama - I restored a 1948 Jeepster when I was a younger man - Hope you had a similar connection.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
If no one minds, I ran across this one several months ago. Who can resist a group of Ukuleles?

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/pLgJ7pk0X-s

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
That first video is top shelf.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the hanging dude off to the side. Cool

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
On The Good, The Bad...I have always thought the "wah wah" was accomplished with a trumpet and plunger mute. I never thought it was done by a person.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
As for the Toto cover, MVP goes to the dude who is the beat box. The camera stayed on the lead singer a lot, but the beat box guy is the boss. If he goes down, the whole show crumbles. What’s the earpiece for? Some kind of metronome?

As for the Danes, man I love those Vikings! (Due to marital status, I’m contractually required to admit that frequently, or the former Miss Anderson will punish me. Smile )

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Definitely! Thanks.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
For some reason, I found that highly entertaining especially the wah wah part.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Very cool indeed; we had a thread about this a year or so ago. The conductor is Sarah Hicks: Absolutely awesome. She used to be an assistant conductor with the Richmond Symphony Orchestra and I got to meet her several times when she was here. And...yes...she's smokin' hot.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
As for the Toto cover, MVP goes to the dude who is the beat box. The camera stayed on the lead singer a lot, but the beat box guy is the boss. If he goes down, the whole show crumbles. What’s the earpiece for? Some kind of metronome?

As for the Danes, man I love those Vikings! (Due to marital status, I’m contractually required to admit that frequently, or the former Miss Anderson will punish me. Smile )

My wife and I did the spit test last Christmas. Consistent with family history records, I am 1/4 Danish.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post