SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Let's go to China and shoplift sunglasses.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's go to China and shoplift sunglasses. Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
They've disgraced their team mates, their coaches, and their school and embarrassed all of the above internationally. If I were UCLA I'd send them packing.

There are worse things than shoplifting you know.

One of the worst is losing basketball games.

Just sayin’.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
They've disgraced their team mates, their coaches, and their school and embarrassed all of the above internationally. If I were UCLA I'd send them packing.

Yes. They sure have.

But they really DO NOT CARE about that. Not one whit.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
quote:
In a country where everyone looks like Moe from The Three Stooges...
Big Grin

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
In my experience of around nine years living in Tokyo [NOT China, I know], the majority of Japanese people that I met varied from having mixed feelings to downright anti-black feelings. I don't know if any SIG forum members - USN personnel - serving at Yokosuka can expand on that impression.

In a similar vein, what WE call Asians, that is, Indians to Arabs, are widely viewed with great mistrust. The few staff of the Saudi embassy - a few yards from our office building - were the only arabs I ever saw in all that time. Certainly there were no females in head-to-foot concealing garb.

Come to think of it, there were no females...

tac

I’ve read that Japan does not allow Arabs in the country, except embassy staff.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubya:
quote:
Big Grin

1938 "Mutts to You"----Moe: "He from China, East Side"

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
In my experience of around nine years living in Tokyo [NOT China, I know], the majority of Japanese people that I met varied from having mixed feelings to downright anti-black feelings. I don't know if any SIG forum members - USN personnel - serving at Yokosuka can expand on that impression.

In a similar vein, what WE call Asians, that is, Indians to Arabs, are widely viewed with great mistrust. The few staff of the Saudi embassy - a few yards from our office building - were the only arabs I ever saw in all that time. Certainly there were no females in head-to-foot concealing garb.

tac

Sounds like a plan to me. The next mosque I see will be the very first one I've ever seen.

No moslems = no moslem bombers, right?

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
If these idiots participated in the "take a knee" crap,they had better not be expecting for the US Cavalry to ride an and rescue their worthless asses now.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Though not a story about athletes on foreign soil, the attitudes and privilege philosophy it embodies are pertinent to this thread: LINK

Story in a nutshell: black college kids shoplift at a bakery. Rather than hold the kids accountable, the college punishes the bakery.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Big Grin

Haha, since I've read that, I can't stop thinking what a country full of Moe's would be like.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
I remember when Texas Southern University's "Ocean Of Soul" band had many members arrested for shoplifting in Japan while there to play at a football game.

quote:
Texas Southern University in Houston disbanded its Ocean of Soul Marching Band after at least a dozen band members were involved in a shoplifting scandal during a trip to Japan. "TSU students have marched for the last time under that once proud name," University President William H. Harris said. Harris said disciplinary action had been taken against at least 12 band members for shoplifting $22,000 worth of electronics items during a Tokyo shopping trip Dec. 7. He did not elaborate. The band was in Tokyo to perform during the halftime of the football game between the University of Nebraska and Kansas State University. Japanese police said most of the shoplifted items were returned when authorities threatened to detain the band.

LINK

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
quote:
Big Grin

Haha, since I've read that, I can't stop thinking what a country full of Moe's would be like.

Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Let the punishment fit the crime.
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Y'all like rice?

DiAngelo asks for more:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jim Shugart,

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Maybe they'll experience REAL oppression and learn to appreciate the US.......nah, what am I saying?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
I hope these idiots get locked up for a long time in a Chinese jail! Then, maybe, just maybe they will learn some respect (but I doubt it).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Y'all like rice?

You southerners sure know how to make something warm and inviting.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Wow “where’s my free shit” or what’s yours is mine mentality doesn’t work in China either.....who wud of thunk it!!

apparently these Rhodes Scholars weren't paying too much attention to the last person that stole something in China...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
BLM needs to go to China and march and protest.

That would be very entertaining, real commies running over street-protest-commies with tanks. Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

tac

Sounds like a plan to me. The next mosque I see will be the very first one I've ever seen.

No moslems = no moslem bombers, right?

tac

Yes, I've read that Japan does not allow muslims to enter the country, a sound policy the USA should adopt.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:

Yes, I've read that Japan does not allow muslims to enter the country, a sound policy the USA should adopt.

And Australia is giving us theirs!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post