SIGforum
Let's go to China and shoplift sunglasses.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9220020334

November 11, 2017, 08:25 AM
Jim Shugart
Let's go to China and shoplift sunglasses.
Duhhhhhh...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/owf6JuDhN-U

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
November 11, 2017, 08:46 AM
Mars_Attacks
So they stole some $1 knockoff fake sunglasses.

Maybe they can do some good in life like now become organ donors.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
November 11, 2017, 09:18 AM
Balzé Halzé
You can take the boy out of the ghetto...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
November 11, 2017, 09:22 AM
nighthawk
BLM needs to go to China and march and protest.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".
November 11, 2017, 09:24 AM
Ozarkwoods
Wow “where’s my free shit” or what’s yours is mine mentality doesn’t work in China either.....who wud of thunk it!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
November 11, 2017, 09:24 AM
parabellum
"Gonna wait for some more intel" Uh huh

These fools are about anything but "intel". Forgive me, dad, but this is a big deal. The Chinese won't pamper your precious baby boy and his co-conspirators.

I'm not surprised. I'm not surprised that these idiots would do such a thing. I'm not surprised that these idiots would be so bold and arrogant as to commit crimes on foreign soil. Nothing about this story, including the photos of the idiots in question, surprises me.

Maybe they can figure a way to blame this on racism in America.

In a country where everyone looks like Moe from The Three Stooges, black men stick out like a sore thumb. Here's a word for these guys to study while sitting in lockup: conspicuous. You walked into that store and everyone noticed you immediately. You want to get away with it? Then, steal sunglasses in freaking Zimbabwe or Kenya. Roll Eyes

BTW, I love the ESPN talking head who points out that these guys- through their NBA connections- could have gotten these sunglasses for free. He doesn't say jack shit about stealing being wrong. He just mentions that the boys could have copped their shit much easier.
November 11, 2017, 09:35 AM
tacfoley
In my experience of around nine years living in Tokyo [NOT China, I know], the majority of Japanese people that I met varied from having mixed feelings to downright anti-black feelings. I don't know if any SIG forum members - USN personnel - serving at Yokosuka can expand on that impression.

In a similar vein, what WE call Asians, that is, Indians to Arabs, are widely viewed with great mistrust. The few staff of the Saudi embassy - a few yards from our office building - were the only arabs I ever saw in all that time. Certainly there were no females in head-to-foot concealing garb.

Come to think of it, there were no females...

tac
November 11, 2017, 09:38 AM
tacfoley
quote:
Originally posted by Jim ShugartBig Grinuhhhhhh...

No concerns, eh?

When your thieving offspring comes out of a Chinese jail, sometime around 2040, I'm sure you'll remember saying that - if your are still here.

tac
November 11, 2017, 09:44 AM
kz1000
Fuck 'em

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn0WdJx-Wkw

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris
November 11, 2017, 09:47 AM
thunderson
Roland Martin was pretty funny there..

"My Daddy would be whoopin my ass...internationally"

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown
November 11, 2017, 09:51 AM
P-220
How very Get-Toe of them. Roll Eyes

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
November 11, 2017, 10:04 AM
225fan
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
In my experience of around nine years living in Tokyo [NOT China, I know], the majority of y Japanese people that I met varied from having mixed feelings to downright anti-black feelings.
I don't know if any SIG forum members - USN personnel - serving at Yokosuka can expand on that impression.

"I was homeported at Yokosuka from 69 to 73. the Japanese people I came in contact with did not have a high opinion of black folks. I believe they developed that opinion from their personal experiences and observations."

In a similar vein, what WE call Asians, that is, Indians to Arabs, are widely viewed with great mistrust. The few staff of the Saudi embassy - a few yards from our office building - were the only arabs I ever saw in all that time. Certainly there were no females in head-to-foot concealing garb.

Come to think of it, there were no females...

tac

November 11, 2017, 10:08 AM
patw
I was watching tv last night and this "incident" came up again but now a big wig in or poss. from China,sorry I can't remember his name(but he is said to be worth over $40 billion so states the news), is now involved and will probably get them off scott free as this rich guy has a lot of pull. I hope I am wrong.
November 11, 2017, 10:08 AM
SIGSense
There's an old saying.... "You can take the dirt out of the 'Hood, but you can never take the 'Hood out of the dirt."
November 11, 2017, 10:12 AM
Bytes
Lavar Ball, daddy, is quite a father figure. I can see why his kids are the way they areRoll Eyes
November 11, 2017, 10:32 AM
2012BOSS302
The newscasters seem pretty comfortable discussing (with out actually saying it) that China is its own country, with its own borders and its own laws. And you broke one of their laws and are subject to their punishment.

I would suggest they take a knee in front of the judge and Chinese flag and let them know they were only arrested due to institutional Chinese racism against shoplifters.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.
November 11, 2017, 10:36 AM
FN in MT
I have no idea what feeling "entitled" is like. Possibly he has had everything given to him, due to his Brothers wealth? I am not a sports fan so don't know a thing about the Ball Family.

What amazes me...These folks don't seem to think about CONSEQUENCES.

Lets drive a $300K, exotic car with huge amounts of power , like a total idiot...then total it in a wreck. NO ONE saw that coming?

Let's steal , in a Communist Country, while there as an Ambassador of our Sport at minimum or as a face to America at most.

Is there some DNA fault or genome missing in these people?
November 11, 2017, 10:59 AM
18DAI
I hope China prosecutes them. And keeps them. For a decade or so. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change
November 11, 2017, 11:01 AM
Skull Leader
They've disgraced their team mates, their coaches, and their school and embarrassed all of the above internationally. If I were UCLA I'd send them packing.
November 11, 2017, 11:21 AM
golfrjd1
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
I have no idea what feeling "entitled" is like. Possibly he has had everything given to him, due to his Brothers wealth? I am not a sports fan so don't know a thing about the Ball Family.

What amazes me...These folks don't seem to think about CONSEQUENCES.

Lets drive a $300K, exotic car with huge amounts of power , like a total idiot...then total it in a wreck. NO ONE saw that coming?

Let's steal , in a Communist Country, while there as an Ambassador of our Sport at minimum or as a face to America at most.

Is there some DNA fault or genome missing in these people?

It seems as if the "Majority" of one race has very little to None in the Self Control department.... Wanna do it? Then Do It!!