SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Storing a 'get home' bag in a hatchback?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Storing a 'get home' bag in a hatchback? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
think about it ,

if you are stuck some where you might very well have to keep something either cool or warm.

this won't attract almost any attention, and you can keep your bag inside.

if you absolutely have to , it could be a flotation device for you , while keeping you bag dry.

the only problem I see with the first aid thing it that ,
evil doer's might see them as a place to store meds and or med tools that they could hock for $25.00.

that might make it worth it for them to break a window.

$18.00 new in the store or $4.50 at the garage sale

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
think about it ,

if you are stuck some where you might very well have to keep something either cool or warm.

if you absolutely have to , it could be a flotation device for you , while keeping you bag dry.

evil doer's might see them as a place to store meds and or med tools that they could hock for $25.00.

Neat idea.... I think that I might look for the kind that you store fish bait in....minnows ?? With a fishing type brand name on it. Velcro on the bottom so it sticks to the carpet.

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there any room in and/or around the spare-tire well to secure a weapon?

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Smear brown shoe polish all around the lid of the ice chest and label it "Stool Samples"

Posts: 26894 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:

Very little room around the spare tire

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
think about it ,

$18.00 new in the store or $4.50 at the garage sale

I kind of like that idea! I'll have to give it some thought. I think I have a pretty old beat up cooler in the garage that just might work.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:

Very little room around the spare tire

Are getting run-flats possibly an option?

If so you can ditch the spare and use the space for your 'get home' bag.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An previous co-worker of mine used a laundry bag with the band of a pair of underwear sticking out of the top. Kept a full bug out bug in it.

Posts: 57 | Registered: November 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How big is the air cleaner on your vehicle? I had a co-worker who kept a Colt Jr. .25 a.c.p. inside the air cleaner of his Toyota Four Runner.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post