SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thousands of Immigrants Pulled From Voter Rolls in Virginia:Only because they self reported.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thousands of Immigrants Pulled From Voter Rolls in Virginia:Only because they self reported. Login/Join 
posted
http://www.newsmax.com/US/US-t...017/05/30/id/793178/

Thousands of illegal immigrants were eligible to vote in Virginia through May 2017, according to a research conducted by a public interest law firm.

The Public Interest Legal Foundation reviewed voter history files across Virginia's 133 jurisdictions and found that state election officials removed 5,556 non-U.S. citizens from voter rolls between 2011 and 2017. In its report, "Alien Invasion II: The Sequel to the Discovery and Cover-Up of Non-Citizen Registration and Voting in Virginia," it said the Virginia Department of Elections would not comply with public records requests "until we brought federal lawsuits against two Virginia election officials."

PILF found that 1,852 illegal immigrants cast 7,474 ballots in 120 of Virginia's 133 voting jurisdictions since 2011 before election officials canceled their registrations.

"Virginia's voter registration system is so flawed, noncitizens have been found voting since the 1980s and weren't caught until recently — by happenstance," Logan Churchwell, PILF's spokesman, told The Washington Free Beacon. "It's 2017 — using the honor system to determine eligibility is only defended by those without a sense of outrage toward voter fraud."

In Virginia, there is no formal program for identifying non-citizen registrants and election officials removed 5,556 from voter rolls after illegal immigrants self-reported some other way, like to the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How did Virginia vote in the presidential election?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Now wait just a cotton pickin' minute. The democrats told us this wasn't happening. Well, they're just a bunch of liars, aren't they?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Yes..............., waiting to hear from the DNC about this.

Remember, even if it was happening, it was only a couple and not widespread.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Yes..............., waiting to hear from the DNC about this.

Remember, even if it was happening, it was only a couple and not widespread.

I'm sure they'll have to respond since CNN, MSNBC, etc., will no doubt be covering the story 24/7 for the coming week, holding panel discussions, holding democrats feet to the fire...

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:

for hillary by about 200k

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
This hasn't been reported at all... Shocking

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:

Thanks to the NoVa / Tidewater area.... Mad

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
The DNC will say the report is being taken out of context, or flat out lie again and say that it isn't happening.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:

Thanks to the NoVa / Tidewater area.... Mad

Tell me about it

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
And that is just who got caught. Trust me, there is nothing discriminatory about photo ID at a polling place. Michigan has been doing it as long as I can remember and votes strong. Unfortunately usually blue, so that shoots the concept that voter ID makes the election unfair to minorities.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish this came from somewhere other than Newsmax, and I wish they had some credible source links. Frown

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
I wish this came from somewhere other than Newsmax, and I wish they had some credible source links. Frown

A link to the homepage of the Public Interest Legal Foundation (PILF) which authored the study referenced is here.

A link to a PDF containing the entire 16-page PILF report is here.

Posts: 7310 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Any one remember the "old Days"?
Remember when people who broke the law were punished, some even went to jail!

I can't wait for Trumps administration to start letting the DOJ prosecutors loose and throwing ALL these POS in jail!

CLEAN HOUSE!

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
The DNC will say the report is being taken out of context, or flat out lie again and say that it isn't happening.

This didn't happen either:

http://wncn.com/2017/05/30/nc-...oters-officials-say/

(and remember NC was a swing state...)

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post