SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Wife Is the Best
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Wife Is the Best Login/Join 
posted
I was at the LGS today. There were 4 cops and 2 clerks bitching about divorce, alimony, etc. During a pause in the conversation I pointed out my wife saved me bourbon coupons from Kroger, and had sent me to the gun store cause she was tired of me researching the P320 and I should just buy one. Dead silence.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you have a keeper.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Wink

Some guys pick better than others, obviously.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19172 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
They were all thinking to themselves, "That lucky bastard!" Wink

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, so when you got home, was she still there? Eek

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9152 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
A week after our wedding mine bought me an expensive rifle with a. Very expensive scope. I hope she's still doing it when we're married however long you've been married for! (Her and I have been dating since we were 16 though[31 now])

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, still there. It may not last, though, it's only been 37 years.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Approaching 25 here, a few ups & downs. One thing to watch out for is the 'changing woman'. Yes, she may of been the 'right in' 10 years back, then slowly morphed into something else.

The real challenge is living with, adjusting to, and possible guiding that change.

Of course guys can change too, usually much less than the other gender.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's encouraging to hear that there are more than a couple of "great" wives out there. Just celebrated our 45th. About 15 years ago, she decided that she wanted to try shooting and after a couple of trips to the range she told me that she wanted her own lane. Then she wanted her own gun; she now has 7 pistols and has to take all of them on our range trips. Guess that's something that I can live with.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I was at the LGS today. There were 4 cops and 2 clerks bitching about divorce, alimony, etc. During a pause in the conversation I pointed out my wife saved me bourbon coupons from Kroger, and had sent me to the gun store cause she was tired of me researching the P320 and I should just buy one. Dead silence.

You'd better take her out for dinner and bring her flowers. I have to point out that Mrs. BB61 bought me a range pass and doesn't complain when I use it either.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Yep, you got a good one there.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
I prefer to own, have learned to lease.

Last one bought me a motorcyle. She made all the payments, I rode it. She signed over the title to me when she payed off the lien.

One before that, a Z28, with some of her insurance settlement money. She knew I wanted it, and announced we were buying it. I said to hell with that. No woman was buying me no damned car. But, because I had taken care of her for years (she didn't make much money and I gave her plenty of mine so she felt like she did) and especially when she got busted up in a car accident (she was rear-ended) until she was back to health, she said she wanted to show me how much she appreciated me.

She said we were going to go buy it the next day. I told her the hell we were. She said "fine" (warning sign, gents) - SHE'D go buy it tomorrow, bring it home and park it in the driveway. I laughed. Told her it was a waste of time. It would sit there.

She just got this 'air' and said, "I'm just going to put the keys on the keyboard and see how long it takes a grown man to drive a Z28 with a high performance engine in it."

"You win."

I do miss her sometimes.

BTW, that time span would be about .02 nanoseconds after the title was signed over. But she knew that.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post