SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tomorrow morning, cataract surgery
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tomorrow morning, cataract surgery Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Best wishes on a successful procedure and an immediate improvement.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Good luck, had mine a year ago, sorry i waited as long as I did!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Had both mine done a year ago June. Now my right eye is cloudy again. Going back in a couple weeks. Not sure what's going on. Someone said it's not unusual and they will clean it up with a laser.

Probably just capsular haze that develops sometimes after the implant is placed; very easily taken care off with LASER. Also called a “secondary cataract.”

Thanks doc hoping you would chime in!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
quote:
Had both mine done a year ago June. Now my right eye is cloudy again. Going back in a couple weeks. Not sure what's going on. Someone said it's not unusual and they will clean it up with a laser.

Probably just capsular haze that develops sometimes after the implant is placed; very easily taken care off with LASER. Also called a “secondary cataract.”

Thanks doc hoping you would chime in!
I was told that a film sometimes develops following the lens replacement, and it dulls the vision. It is removed with a laser shot. My eyes had it done a couple of months ago. No big deal.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a short, uneventful procedure.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a successful outcome.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Have them in both my eyes but not bad enough to do surgery.
Prayer sent for a great surgery and fast recovery.

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Good luck. It's not a procedure with a lot of risk. I had both eyes done a couple of years ago, at age 80, and am doing just fine.

flashguy

I am nearly 83. Had cataracts in both eyes. Had the surgery several years ago.

Turned out well. Do not need glasses to drive, or even shoot.

Painless procedures.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for great results!

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had the same situation. Lazer does the trick.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I pray that all went well, just checking back in.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Give us a hollar when you cleared up!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5130 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for good results!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rightwire, I hope all went well with your surgery. I myself had both right and left eyes done over the last 2 months.
I used to be able to see things up close, and had very poor far vision. My surgery cleared things up beautifully but now trying to see anything close up I might as well forget it. My doctor thinks in time I will be able to at least use readers. Crossing my fingers since so far that's not looking too promising.
Good luck and truly hope all goes wonderful.

Posts: 16 | Location: northwestern PA | Registered: January 31, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope all went well.
Update us as soon as it is comfortable to do so.
My mum did hers about a year ago at age 75. She's as pleased as punch with the outcome.

Runnin' and gunnin' (slowly..)

Posts: 98 | Location: Malta | Registered: July 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
My girlfriend 63 years old had cataract surgery 2 weeks ago yesterday. Her right eye change 3.25 and after surgery the Dr. told her it was one of the largest cataracts he's taken off.

She also had the drop less surgery and did great now problems at all. Right now she is 20/20 in that eye and she can't wait to do the other one.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Following this thread. Having lots of trouble the last few years. Doc told me to wait until next year when he will refer me to his surgeon. I am nervous as hell. Good luck to you.

Posts: 102 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I am now a day and a half post Op and things are well. My vision is significantly improved.

The procedure was very quick. I was in and out from start to finish in less than an hour and a half. Immediately post Op there was a gritty feeling in my eye. It was a lot like dirt or a eyelash under your lid. That lasted about 6 hours and faded fast.

Last night I had discomfort. Not really pain but definitely an uncomfortable feeling. I noticed that this morning, more pronounced in bright light. I'm also getting some light flashes in the periphery of my vision. Its not really flashes, sometimes its an interruption in the light.

The Post Op appointment this morning went well. The lense is in perfect position. The incision sites are healing very well. The discomfort is due to swelling and is normal. The light sensitivity is also related to that, and having a new clear lens. The flashes in the periphery area combination of the swelling, the relationship between the incision & lens, and likely from the edge of the lens until it heals in place. It should subside in a week or so. There is a difference between yesterday and today already.

A steroid and antibiotic drop series was prescribed an I have a follow up next week.

One big difference beyond the clarity is how sharp colors are. White is a different color now with that eye. My vision does change a bit through the day, also part of the healing process I'm told.

The amazing thing is that not only can I see at distance, but I don't need readers to type this. I can actually see the fine detail of my hand at arms length. Closer than about 12-18" and readers are needed.

I do appreciate all of the messages. If you're considering this option and have questions, feel free to post here or email me.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Had my secondf in June. It took me longer to find the office in the hospital than the procedure took. It's a snap. You just need someone to take you home. While you feel great, they do give you a mild sedative and driving would be ill advised...especially since you have a patch on the eye.

Don't bend over the first day. Any pressure on the eye is bad. It takes a while for the vision to settle down.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
For each eye, for a few weeks after surgery, I saw halos around bright objects. In time that diminished down to nothing. Also there was a slight haze. That lasted a lot longer but now I don't notice it at all. I don't think the haze is still there but maybe I just got used to it(?)

Colors are much more vivid for me as well. The world sure looks better. I can do just about everything (driving especially) without glasses. Only need readers occasionally as I said before.

I had worn very thick glasses since the 5th grade. For about a year after the surgery, when I woke up in the morning, I would reach over to the nightstand to get my glasses. It's not an overstatement to say I always had a burst of joy when I remembered they are gone!

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2057 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post