SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tomorrow morning, cataract surgery
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tomorrow morning, cataract surgery Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
Not typical for someone my age but apparently I've developed a rapidly forming cataract in my right eye. I've changed 4 powers since April trying to compensate.

Surgery tomorrow morning...

Oh, and FYI I asked
- Target tracking system, not available
- HUD, not available
- Red LED ring, Not available

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
good luck tomorrow.

Did you get tested for diabetes? My Dad had a fast growing cataract and the eye doc sent him to his primary care physician to get tested for diabetes. Everything came out fine, but the eye doc said fast growing cataract can be an indicator of diabetes.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Rightwire!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
great option, you'll have to buy better new pistols now as your accuracy is going to improve!!!

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I hope you come out as good as I did. I went from 20/400+ to 20/15. I'm a happy camper. Good Luck

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck!

Even though I was older - vet successful!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2081 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i'm 74, had both done a year ago, 2 weeks apart!

good luck!

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Good luck sir!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Good luck. It's not a procedure with a lot of risk. I had both eyes done a couple of years ago, at age 80, and am doing just fine.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Good luck.
I'm scheduled to have it done next month. I need both eyes but my right (dominant eye)is worse and first on the list. I choose the multi focal lens at extra cost.
What lens are you having installed?

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Best wishes!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
You’ll be fine but good luck anyway. Haven’t had it done yet but people I’ve talk to that have says it’s a breeze.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5747 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had mine fixed about a year ago. Best move I've ever made. Like you I kept increasing the strength of my reading glasses and that strategy finally stopped working. Good luck but you'll be fine. Your quality of life is about to improve significantly.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Had both mine done a year ago June. Now my right eye is cloudy again. Going back in a couple weeks. Not sure what's going on. Someone said it's not unusual and they will clean it up with a laser.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Had both mine done a year ago June. Now my right eye is cloudy again. Going back in a couple weeks. Not sure what's going on. Someone said it's not unusual and they will clean it up with a laser.

Probably just capsular haze that develops sometimes after the implant is placed; very easily taken care off with LASER. Also called a “secondary cataract.”

Posts: 2927 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quick healing to you sir.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Best of luck sir, you will love the improvement.

I had both eyes done. I went from not being able to recognize faces at twenty feet to about 20/30 in both eyes. I use dime store reading glasses now if the print is really small or the light is dim. Otherwise, for the first time since 5th grade I can see perfectly well without any glasses at all.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2057 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You will be able to see into the future. Good luck and let us know the outcome. Will be like brand new vision.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I had mine done late January and late February this year. Everything is good. Now I need to carry cheap reading glasses but I can wear my good sunglasses again when running the boat..

Posts: 1199 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Good luck!

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post