SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tigerlady Self-Defense Claw
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tigerlady Self-Defense Claw Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
No. Lacking a pistol, the next best choice would be a fixed blade knife of adequate length and the train to use it. (My wife sometimes carries a Gerber Guardian.) Third choice would be an automatic knife, such as the Benchmade Infidel, or a sap. In general, I leave all 3 at home and carry a Key-Tec P32 with a belt clip when jogging and such.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The claw would be a deadly weapon in court. If you are going the deadly weapon route, why would you not choose a firearm, which is much more effective?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking a jab to the throat - forget using it as a cat's claw. Smile

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2270 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
If you are going to come into melee distance with an aggressor, why not use a good knife? A knife will catch DNA.

If you want to go less than lethal, why not a Tazer or pepper spray? You get to keep the attacker at distance.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Why not just carry a cat and throw it at the bad guy?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
she has one of these on her AR
http://www.xssights.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=993217

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Pairs well with nunchucks I'm sure.

But ludicrous, otherwise.

At that close of a range it would be woefully inadequate, and a poor choice compared to a regular old knife which at least has other uses.

Who thinks up shit like this? Someone has watched too many kung-fu movies? A person with an MBA who also watches lots of kung-fu movies?

I'm pretty sure I saw that one, I think it's entitled Four Claws of Fail in the fall.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Why not just carry a cat and throw it at the bad guy?

Or a rabbit.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ain't fucking around with some cut rate Freddy Krueger/Wolverine/Thundercat bullshit. This isn't a video game. Shit like this creates a false sense of security. DNA collection is swell but getting away is the real priority. Pepper spray and a track meet work just fine.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
A pencil would be better self defense weapon than that and you can carry it on Southwest flight! Wink

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
better than harsh words I suppose

i still think pepper spray is the best non-lethal option for many women

guns are great but we all know some people can't / won't take the time to be come proficient

not to mention the places you are prohibited from having one...

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:
A pencil would be better self defense weapon than that and you can carry it on Southwest flight! Wink

Big Grin Wink

This claw thing reminds me of the Winkler "tool" that I think DocSteve helped create...

But I'm with everyone else - just carry a gun.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now if the claws were about 12" long and were blades, we would be talking.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
What a stupid product. Really, plastic claws.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Slightly old thread to ressurect, but it looks like Texas is pending Gov. Abbott's signature to lift the ban on carrying of knuckles as well as clubs.

FYI. Smile

https://www.dallasnews.com/new...ads-gov-abbotts-desk

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Slightly old thread to ressurect, but it looks like Texas is pending Gov. Abbott's signature to lift the ban on carrying of knuckles as well as clubs.

FYI. Smile

https://www.dallasnews.com/new...ads-gov-abbotts-desk
Hopefully Gov Abbott signs as Texas' long standing knuckles law is idiotic.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
The eyes are about the only place it could do any real damage beyond a flesh wound. Scary looking scratches that won't physically stop an attacker, no thanks!

Yeah, really... I can see two possible results from trying to use these to fight off an attacker.

1. You didn't need them to begin with and everything is fine.
2. You have pissed off the attacker enough to make absolutely certain you get really fucked up or killed.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
Answer looking for a question?

Question: Whose blood is that next to the Ladies dead body?
Oh look, DNA.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Hopefully Gov Abbott signs as Texas' long standing knuckles law is idiotic.

Now I won't have to pretend to limp when I bring my blackthorn stick along. Wink

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post