SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tigerlady Self-Defense Claw
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tigerlady Self-Defense Claw Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
I can see this as being a passable (maybe) defense if you have an opportunity to quickly exit the area but it's seems like it would really piss off a bad guy.

Meet TigerLady - a revolutionary discreet self-defense tool modeled after a cat's retractable claws.

This ergonomic, hand-held claw can go with you anywhere. Made of high-impact plastic, TigerLady's defensive claws emulate those of the big cats from which they get their name. Channels on the underside of the claws are designed to capture DNA so you don't have to see your assailant to make a positive ID.

Put the strap around your wrist and hold TigerLady in your hand before walking to your car or to the subway. Make sure you have it when you leave the club and when you're waiting for the bus. Just the act of holding TigerLady in your hand will ensure that you have a heightened sense of your surroundings, making you feel less vulnerable and more confident.

https://www.tigerlady.com/prod...-s-self-defense-tool

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Answer looking for a question?

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
An improvement on the fist of keys technique.

I bought one for Mrs.BurtonRW and she’s glad to carry it on walks.

I was favorably impressed with the quality of its construction.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Just remember you have that thing on and don’t scratch at any delicate parts. Big Grin

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I think that would be classified as brass knuckles which are illegal in Texas even if you have a license to carry.
quote:
PENAL CODE
TITLE 10. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC HEALTH, SAFETY, AND MORALS
CHAPTER 46. WEAPONS

Sec. 46.01.

DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
(8) "Knuckles" means any instrument that consists of finger rings or guards made of a hard substance and that is designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting seriousbodily injury or death by striking a person with a fist enclosed in the knuckles.

Sec. 46.05.

PROHIBITED WEAPONS.
(a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:

(2) knuckles;

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I think that would be classified as brass knuckles which are illegal in Texas even if you have a license to carry.
quote:
PENAL CODE
CHAPTER 46. WEAPONS

Sec. 46.01.

(8) "Knuckles" means any instrument that consists of finger rings or guards made of a hard substance and that is designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting seriousbodily injury or death by striking a person with a fist enclosed in the knuckles.

Sec. 46.05.

PROHIBITED WEAPONS.
(a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:

(2) knuckles;

Serious bodily injury or death? Really? You think these fit that?

Posts: 436 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RR:
quote:
quote:
PENAL CODE
CHAPTER 46. WEAPONS

Sec. 46.01.

Sec. 46.05.

PROHIBITED WEAPONS.

(2) knuckles;

Serious bodily injury or death? Really? You think these fit that?
Do you really think I would look up the regulation, copy it, and post it if I didn't think it applied? It isn't my definition, it's the legislature's definition. Here is a YouTuble video from the OP's link which shows it worn just like knuckles, the claws essentially enclose the knuckles, and it doubt it would be treated by prosecutors any different than knuckles.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/14bopa-Cmkg

BTW, I think our knuckle law is stupid since I can open or conceal carry a pistol but not knuckles.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
PENAL CODE
CHAPTER 46. WEAPONS

Sec. 46.01.

Sec. 46.05.

PROHIBITED WEAPONS.

(2) knuckles;

One would certainly invite a semantic argument (which is rarely a good idea in the legal system), but I don’t agree that this product encloses the knuckles, not that is intended for striking with the fist. It really is a slashing tool, as mentioned earlier an upgrade to keys protruding between the knuckles.

That said, a zealous prosecutor may see things differently. I’d hate to be / fund the test case...

Beyond that, I see this as a quick “Get the Firetruck Off Me” thing that will likely sting (and piss off), but probably not disable. I’d guess there are plenty of other tools (including one’s own limbs) that might be more effective in producing a disabling injury.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
PENAL CODE
CHAPTER 46. WEAPONS

Sec. 46.01.

Sec. 46.05.

PROHIBITED WEAPONS.

(2) knuckles;

Read the definition again.

From what I can see, the tiger lady has neither rings nor a method to encase the knuckles. The product is more skin to l holding a roll of coins

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
That said, a zealous prosecutor may see things differently. I’d hate to be / fund the test case...

Beyond that, I see this as a quick “Get the Firetruck Off Me” thing that will likely sting (and piss off), but probably not disable. I’d guess there are plenty of other tools (including one’s own limbs) that might be more effective in producing a disabling injury.
Yep, it isn't worth $100k in legal fees when a Texas woman (not commenting on other states) can jog with with something tried and true such as Sabre Red Runner Pepper Gel.

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Their radio ads claim it's legal in all 50 states.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing to me that women apparently live in perpetual fear of being raped/mugged/assaulted and come up with all these strange defense tools and at the same time tend to be extremely anti-gun...

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
My wife carries a pistol every time she steps out the house. She's not had to use it yet, but I imagine it's a lot more effective than the cat paw doodad. I am sure she could draw three times as fast and get a shot off well before scratching her assailant.

If he get's away, there is also an included DNA collection and tracking method. Follow the blood trail to dead perp, if he lives, collect blood for DNA sample.

I think we have found a solution looking for a problem here fellows.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Not quite as inconspicuous as the old monkey fist, but looks like it could do damage.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The eyes are about the only place it could do any real damage beyond a flesh wound. Scary looking scratches that won't physically stop an attacker, no thanks!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
Answer looking for a question?

Something kookie in search of ninja no buki?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Tigerlady Self-Defense Claw?

wasn't that a Cynthia Rothrock movie?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
From the videos on the website this appears to be a tool for gathering and holding DNA, not self defense.

Ok I guess if the attacker is shirtless, but if in long sleeves, mask, and gloves this is about as useful as a soccer bat.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Their radio ads claim it's legal in all 50 states.

Can I bring it on a Southwest flight?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I would bet not.

They advertise on Sirius 125 constantly; I'm just quoting their ad.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post