SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fun night exploring the pond. Snake or Turtle eggs??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fun night exploring the pond. Snake or Turtle eggs?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted

About 30 yards or so from the pond. The eggs before hatching would have been about the size of a ping pong ball. The hatched eggs feel like a ping pong ball. The hole is only about 4 or 5 inches deep.

Had fun exploring around the pond with the boys. Found a set of hoof prints around the pond and slightly in it. Fairly large and kind of strange as there are no cows or horses that would come to the pond. Not sure what else would make a print like that.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25357 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Hard to know with certainty, but it’s possible some other critter located the clutch and dined on them. That would explain how they got outside of the nest. Usually reptiles egg remains stay where the hatching occurs.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“Found a set of hoof prints around the pond and slightly in it. Fairly large“

How large? Round or cloven?

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Hard to know with certainty, but it’s possible some other critter located the clutch and dined on them. That would explain how they got outside of the nest. Usually reptiles egg remains stay where the hatching occurs.

This or the hole was emptied out after the babies hatched.

quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
“Found a set of hoof prints around the pond and slightly in it. Fairly large“

How large? Round or cloven?

Round, maybe 3.5”-4” across at the widest. Solid all the way across. Like a horse hoof print with no shoe. But no horses would be in the area.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25357 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Hog prints

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Hogs have cloven hooves.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post