Find
Notify
Tools

Jeep Guys Login/Join 
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Make sure you get some good hearing protectors as well.

The last couple I have driven didn't allow me to hear what I was thinking.

I found the radio was a waste of time as well.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Win with class,
lose with class.
posted Hide Post
My wife and I both have JKs and love them. Just a thought, since you're going from a pick-up to a Jeep, why not wait until the Scrambler comes back out next year (due to be released in 2019)? Best of both worlds. It will be based on the JLU platform with a short truck bed. I'm planning to upgrade to one in 2020 after they have worked the bugs out.

D

Posts: 75 | Location: Charlotte, VT | Registered: April 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help. Going to look at a few in the next few days.

JD

Posts: 390 | Location: Northern Colorado  | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
I bought my first Jeep in 2011. It was a pretty stripped down Sport. Over the years it has proven to be a fun toy to drive and upgrade.

Just last week, I picked up a used 2015. Mainly because my son has pretty much stolen my 2011 and I didn’t want to be stuck at home all Winter. My new JK is a fully loaded Sahara. I love it even more than my first one.

Just make sure you know the good and the bad you are getting with a Jeep. If you can accept the bad then you will likely enjoy it.

Posts: 618 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta disagree on the JL being more evolution than revolution. There may be a fair amount of carryover bits but day to day living is much better in the JL. Interior is lightyears ahead of the JK and both transmissions should be far better than the ones they replaced. The stop/start system is stupid. My Grand Cherokee has it and I bought am module to disable it as the system provided zero gains in fuel efficiency.

That said, Jeep is not at all known for reliability. There are lots of little issues I've read about on the owner forums but in the end, if you want a Jeep, nothing else will do. I say this because I traded my 2015 JK for the Grand Cherokee because I thought I was tired of the drawbacks of it being a daily driver and I regret that choice every day. So with any luck by next year I'll have another Wrangler.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Had one as a rental last week, not sure if it was a JK or JL but I think I liked it, good power, fairly comfy...crappy gas mileage. I am waiting on the scrambler though. Hoping the diesel is actually reliable...really want the diesel, too bad you cannot get it with the 6sp

My Xterra just hit 100k so I figure 2020.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post