Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225 A-1 Login/Join 
Picture of Donn75B
posted
I was a Glock and CZ guy; sold my Glocks and my Rami, kept my 75B Omega. Have been carrying a P365 for past year and love everything about it. Picked up my second Sig a P229 Elite Classic Carry yesterday for $699; went in for a P225 ($849), but couldn’t pass-up the price. Cleaned it up (it was soaked in oil) and ready for a weekend at Saltwater Gun Club. Wondering if I should burn more $ and go get that 225

Posts: 3 | Location: Florida  | Registered: May 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Your thread title says P225 A-1, but the post says P225 (which I'll interpret to be the original). So, which is it? The A-1 or the original P225?

If the A-1, I would not buy for that much.
If it's the original, maybe, but only if it's ANIB and complete with everything originally from the factory.

Q

Posts: 26385 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The price is steep, but the gun, both iterations, are discontinued which might have something to do with it.

IMHO, both have the best ergos of the P series SIGs. Capacity isn't a concern for me; I'm much more concerned about fit. When running a SIG specific training program I kept several P225s for shooters with smaller hands, and even though I have mighty meathooks I kept grabbing one of them for demos and such.

If you have the bucks I'd go for it. My 225 A1 is one of my favorite carry guns.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
A used P225 A1 is a hard sale, at least the two I sold LNIB were. Wish I had kept my two original P225's from years ago, one was a CPO. I made a profit on the P225's, but wish I had them back. No desire for the A1's back.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$849 is too high - I paid $799 two years ago. I'd go lower now that it's discontinued - maybe $749.

I thought about selling it, but the grip is just too nice. Just got a threaded P239 barrel for it, and it fits perfectly so eventually if I get a 9mm can it will be a compact suppressor host.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would go for the P225-A1. And it would be great to find a ANIB P225. I have an M11-A1(229) and a West German Nickel P228, which are pretty pistols , but I still prefer the feel of the single stack pistols. I shoot my P225-A1 and P239 best of all the pistols I own.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

I love my 225-A1, bought it from someone in this very thread. I only carry it on the weekends (job, can't carry), but she's awesome. You're going to feel like your carrying an anchor compared to the 365 probably.

You did over pay for it possibly, but who cares you didn't have to deal with FFL, shipping, or CC fees. In the end a fair price for brand new, but the gun is over priced to start with.

I hope you really like it!

PS you posted in lounge, this should have gone in pistols section.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post