SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Reminder, for those who have older iPhones, link for support
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reminder, for those who have older iPhones, link for support Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Battery replacement by Apple is usually around $79.00 (plus your local taxes). They do this by appointment, so your wait time in the store is fairly minimal. I dropped our phones off at the appointed time, went to grab a sandwich at the food court, and returned to the store to find both phones ready to go. Bonus: the guy who handled the customer interface showed me a few tips re the Apple watch that I bought used, from one of our forum members. Apple Pay with the watch is SLICK!

You have just a couple of months until the end of this year, to get it done for $29.00 at an Apple store. There is a mail-in option if there is no Apple store near you.

Twenty-nine bucks is well spent, to get another few years out of this expensive piece of hardware. I visited the local Apple store and had it done to both my iPhone 6 Plus, and my wife's.

Here is a link to the support section of the Apple website.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Agreed, did my 6S Plus last month.

If you have a local Best Buy but no Apple Store, their Geek Squad can do it (with an appointment) in 45 min. Mine took an hour and a half since they damaged the screen in the process, so I got a new screen for free.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Replaced mine last month, too. No need to keep charging the phone throughout the day is a big help in itself.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

If you have a local Best Buy but no Apple Store, their Geek Squad can do it (with an appointment) in 45 min.
Same price? Twenny-nine dollah?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Anyone knows if you can buy replacement batteries for the 5s for this price?

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Had my 6s Plus done last month. The Apple Store damaged my phone and I was given a new one. I’m happy.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

Had my 6s Plus done last month. The Apple Store damaged my phone and I was given a new one. I’m happy.
That's a good reminder: Make SURE that you have a good backup before you do the battery replacement.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
Does the 5s qualify for the cheaper price on the battery?

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:

Every Apple iOS devices does, I believe?

I had my 6S done because the battery health was down to 87%. I didn't bother on my wife's phone, because it was still at 97%.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

I had my 6S done because the battery health was down to 87%. I didn't bother on my wife's phone, because it was still at 97%.

Battery health? How do you find that?

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Do you know if this includes iPads?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Download a battery health app if you don’t have a recent version of ios. If you do it’s under settings - battery - battery health.

My 7+ is at 83%. I have an appt Monday afternoon. My daughter’s 6 is at 97%. I paid $80 two years ago to replace her battery and they damaged the screen and just gave her a refurb phone.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it worth doing if your battery health reading is 92%?

iphone SE 3 years old.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for this. Our sons 6 plus was at 76% and wouldn't hold a charge for nothing. Took it in this morning, an hour later, walked out all good.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this something that will have to be done in order to keep using my older phone? If I am happy with how it is now, do I need to have the battery replaced? I still have the iPhone 4 & I really don't want a different phone.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Saw new iBricks (Phablets only now, no new SE) and said f that, and did the same thing. 11 people called in sick the Saturday appointment I had so I got mine done for free. Was at the store for 2 hours waiting and was pissed. $29 is a hell of a lot better than $1000for a new phone.

I’d say if your battery is in the 80% range or less go get it done.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post