SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Landscape Edging (loooooong distance)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Landscape Edging (loooooong distance) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What about some bricks/paver stones? Reclaim if possible to keep the cost down but no idea what that’s going to run locally for you, if even available. We picked up some landscaping edging bricks from Menards on one of their seasonal sales, interlocking approximately 12x3x3, for 75c each. Non bulk purchase from a big box store so I’d think you could do slightly better. Would be easier to install than the edging if you have the tools (Bobcat) to easily get the bricks out to where you need them, should just need to place and tap in.

$1.06 currently:
https://www.menards.com/main/b.../p-1444441410805.htm

Posts: 516 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I didn’t think of landscape timbers. They are running .55/ft from Lowe’s.

That’s actually a bit cheaper than the redwood bendable strips. I could use the timbers on the straighter portions and get the redwood bendable strips for the curvey portions.

I could cut stakes from 3/8” rebar. I’d get 20 one foot stakes from a 20’ piece at about .30 each.

I’m not finding any cheap pavers. Plus, after building a paverstone wall and patio, yikes. That wasn’t fun.

All kinds of good ideas!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post