SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    daughters lost my best flashlight - need to replace
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

daughters lost my best flashlight - need to replace Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted
I need a great flashlight small enough to easily pocket carry with at least a bright and dim setting. Less than $100 (cheaper the better - if it works well) and probably around 3.5 inches or so would be best...

I like lotsa lumens, but also want a dim setting for when I need long battery life.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
I usually carry a Streamlight Protac 1L. Been pretty reliable and battery lasts a while.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Dang, dropping the dime on your own daughter...

But seriously, a Fenix PD22 sounds to be right up your alley.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

That's "daughters" with a "z" on the end. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep. Fenix has several models that will definitely fit the bill. I love my PD35, but it might be a little bigger than you want. The PD22 is a great little light.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
I came in here thinking it was your daughters you needed to replace. Smile

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kadin:
I came in here thinking it was your daughters you needed to replace. Smile

^^^^^
This
Razz

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I like the Lux-Pro 200's. They are inexpensive and you can get several.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
<snip>
a Fenix PD22 sounds to be right up your alley.

+1 for Fenix ...

I have the slightly older LD09
-220 Lumens
-50 Lumens
-3 Lumens
AA battery
3.7"
Now $37.95 on Amazon
Been my EDC since 2015.

In the jeans watch/change pocket comfortably.
In the Tru-Spec cargo pants knife/accessory pocket.
Or the computer/carry-on bag.

Just ordered the PD25
$56.99 Amazon
550 lumens with a 16340
400 lumens w/CR123A
low setting 5 lumens=100hrs runtime
tailcap switch
3.7 in L 0.8 in. dia.
1.65 oz w/out battery

Smile

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Fenix is the cure for your current disease.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:

Yep. Fenix has several models that will definitely fit the bill. I love my PD35, but it might be a little bigger than you want. The PD22 is a great little light.

-Rob

I say we split the difference and go with a PD32. It's my EDC, been to hell and back, still working great.

Give me a second and I will post a link for free shipping and 10% off.

https://www.fenixoutfitters.com/?afmc=38

Use code LOYALTY15 (good through 4/30 for 15% off) APP10 for 10% off anytime.

$52.66 after discount, free shipping if you order by 30th

Lighter was added to picture for scale. Mine is a few years old, the newer one (2016) has a different output selector switch and a slightly brighter output. I also have one of those with no problems.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
LumaPower IncenDio. 3" long. Single CR123. 4 levels. $50 to $60.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Fenix E12
https://www.amazon.com/Fenix-F...fenix+flashlight+e12

Awesome little light that uses a single AA battery.
I have bought several of these.
3 power settings.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Fenix is the cure for your current disease.

H&K-Guy

Truer words were never spoken. Lots of good lights out there, Fenix has a pretty good lineup and are reasonably priced.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
My EDC, five levels plus strobe. Up to 920 lumens with only one battery.

https://www.lumaforce.com/prod...ht-weapons-mountable

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:

-Rob

I have 2 PD35's. Good lights. 960 lumen

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Just got one of these from LA Police Gear.

So far, I like it, but I've only had it a couple of weeks.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/la...-edc-flaslhight.html

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like NiteCore's line on flashlights.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
I like NiteCore's line on flashlights.

I bought my Son a Nitecore. Love that it is powered by a AA battery. Another good choice, IMO.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
This will be my next light, I've another Olight and love it. This one's much brighter and rechargeable: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L...oliid=I2SFXXHQ2JWRLI

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post