SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You are awoken in the middle of the night, you hear glass breaking, and your dog is barking...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You are awoken in the middle of the night, you hear glass breaking, and your dog is barking... Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I generally go pistol first for bumps in the night. With breaking glass, I might go straight to the closet for the SIG556.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
A picture is worth 1000 words...Big Grin

Woah! This changes things.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are awoken in the middle of the night, you hear glass breaking, and your dog is barking
Obviously a dream. Glass break sesnsors didn’t set off the alarm and it’s been many years since I was a dog owner.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glass breaking = rifle response.

In reality, though, I'd be more curious than alarmed. The dog only barks when she's already killed something and wants to show it off. It's when you hear the growling/head-shaking/worrying-something-to-death sounds that a firearm might be needed.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
First I'g grab a Desert Eagle.

Then I'd get the keys to the backhoe.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
first, the pistol, because it is easier to use in the house in the dark. Second, the phone to call 911.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Pistol. Because small holes. Well placed small holes. They cleanup easier, better and faster. Cool

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
first, the pistol, because it is easier to use in the house in the dark. Second, the phone to call 911.

+1
It's why I keep two handy to the bed.
There's also a shotgun in the bedroom closet, but I always grab a pistol first.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24067 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
A picture is worth 1000 words...Big Grin

Woah! This changes things.

It's a 5.56mm. While minor renovations may be necessary afterwards, the odds would be ever in your favor. Just be careful not to slip on the brass. Electronic hearing protection is highly recommend too. Wink

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Honestly, first thing I grab is the ball bat next to my bed, giving my wife enough time to open the pistol safe. If I don’t break some skulls first she’ll finish the job.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3626 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
92fs. youd be surprised how often and quickly you can send some FMJ down range with a 17 rounder. The others I'd have to stick to far out the door to shoot properly, but they stay patrol ready.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FAS1
posted Hide Post
Pistol since that is my primary HD weapon and secured right next to my bed.

Posts: 55 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: January 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I voted shotgun but have my G32 on the night stand to as it is faster to point. But being half blind without glasses shotty is preferred.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greyeyezz:
quote:
A reliable pistol caliber carbine, shotgun, or rifle is superior to a pistol for home defense.

I can open a door with a handgun.
I can operate a phone with a handgun.
I can hold on to a railing going down steps with a handgun.
I can keep a handgun close to my body for retention.

Can't do those things with a long gun. A rifle has it's place, close quarters isn't it.

People commenting on stuff they know little about. Ok.

May I suggest some training classes? Pistols suck dude.

You can do all that shit above with a rifle.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
In real life, I have a pistol in a handgun safe next to the bed. If I had a safe next to me I would go with my AR15

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
It was a cat knocking a glass off the counter which startled the dog who is kenneled in the kitchen.

I will see anyone coming up the driveway long before the dog notices.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post