SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You are awoken in the middle of the night, you hear glass breaking, and your dog is barking...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You are awoken in the middle of the night, you hear glass breaking, and your dog is barking... Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Mossy pump. I keep an empty Vaseline™ jar handy, too.

Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Smith & Wesson 4563TSW with TLR1.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
In your set-up, I'd grab my AR. 30 rounds, red dot, large property if the fight gets outside.

In reality, I'd be grabbing a 938 with a spare mag, because at the moment, that's the only gun anywhere near my bed.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On my side Browning Hi Power. On my wifes side Glock 17 (was her duty weapon given to her upon retirement). Both loaded and ready. No children or any one else to worry about having arms in the open. But, our Sigs are locked in the safe where they won't be confiscated should something bad happen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJM,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 251 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MPX carbine. And the Meprolight is always on.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Depends. If it’s during the day, it’s my Glock. If it’s nighttime then it’s my AR with the light mounted.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Whoever comes in can meet the dogs - it wont end well for the intruder.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Shoes, broom, dustpan.

With my dog, a 9mo Beagle pup, I'm thinking it's the dog.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I am going to put the dog's bourbon in a bowl next time.

I'm such a dumb-ass to forget the damn pooch can't hold a glass for shit...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
The poll is immaterial ... at the end of the day you grab what you can at the end of the day when shit happens whether it is the phone, a badass weapon or your dick. Every situation is different.

So your plan is to beat them to death with your dick. Excellent! Watch out for the broken glass.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
MPX that I sbr'd with the Tirant suppressor venom red dot and light so I can hear them scream

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Big Grin

Lol. I just picked up a 500 today. I guess I need to get a jar of Vaseline shortly...

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AR 15

Echoing the others before me but I have a magpul 40 rounder in and ready to roll. Round chambered safe on.

Most effective round and round count in a reasonably maneuverable package.

Posts: 198 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Plasma rifle because I bet it's cool. In reality, it will be the Kahr CM9 in the bedroom.

Posts: 4014 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Big Grin

I don't remember the story that well but was waiting on someone to reference it

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
The poll is immaterial ... at the end of the day you grab what you can at the end of the day when shit happens whether it is the phone, a badass weapon or your dick. Every situation is different.

So your plan is to beat them to death with your dick. Excellent! Watch out for the broken glass.

Well, there is some dick beating going on......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
G30/TLR-3 with two magazines right next to my bed, and fight my way across the bedroom to the FAL/TLR-1 HL.

It's gon' be loud up in heah. Big Grin

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
my flashlight

Posts: 10748 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I am going to put the dog's bourbon in a bowl next time.

I'm such a dumb-ass to forget the damn pooch can't hold a glass for shit...

Not his fault so much, really. All that non-opposing thumbs crap he deals with. It's a disability and whatnot.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post