SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You are awoken in the middle of the night, you hear glass breaking, and your dog is barking...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You are awoken in the middle of the night, you hear glass breaking, and your dog is barking... Login/Join 
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted
Luckily, you didn't close your safe, which is conveniently located next to your bed, with your favorite pistol, rifle and shotgun...

Question:
What do you grab?

And explain what and why.

Choices:
Pistol
Rifle
Shotgun
Phase Plasma Rifle in 40wt range

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Buckshot is ready for deployment.

Because buckshot.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Shoes, broom, dustpan.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My "safe" is not located in my bedroom.

I would grab my pistol out of the handgun vault on my nightstand.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pistol. I don't keep a rifle or shotgun loaded, just one pistol is kept loaded in home.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My pistol is always on the wife's side, the mossy 930spx is on mine.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AR15, well because AR15. It has 30 rounds of asshole deterrent and if said shitbird if wearing body armor it will still put'em in the dirt.

If I have time, I'll slip on my pants, because it will have my holstered pistol and spair magazine attached.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
No brainer. The AR.

And all my guns are always loaded. The rifle would need a round chambered however.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
My glasses and my P220 with Gold Dots in it.

Because it's got night sights and it's more maneuverable in tight spaces.

Shotgun would be my first choice if it weren't for the fact that my only shotgun is full sized with a 28 inch barrel and a duck plug so only 3 shots.

If I lived in an area where home invasion was a high probability, I'd have a street sweeper with a pistol grip on it.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My EDC pistol, currently a Glock 19. It rides on my hip from the time that I get up, till I lie down to sleep. Then it goes on the nightstand next to me. (Same goes for my wife with her 26)

Currently, no rifles or shotguns... really don't have a need for them at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
No brainer. The AR. ...
Same.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An 870 is clipped to my bed rails. Served me well as a cop.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Pistol. I am most comfortable with a pistol. I can load it with my eyes closed if I needed to. Heck I could disassemble and reassemble a p-series with my eyes closed too.

I have an AR loaded, but I would only use that if my house was under siege, and I would even then still have a 226 or 229 with me too.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20813 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Pistola, because I don't have any rifles or shotguns.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
I voted shotgun but there is a caveat. My shotgun is in a small safe with a finger print scanner in the closet. Just a few feet away but if I felt in imminent danger the handgun is in a Gunvault right next to the bed.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Grab my phone and dial 911.

Q

Posts: 26342 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shotgun. Mossberg 500 near bedroom doorway.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Open floorplan. I'll grab the 870 with 18"rifled barrel and sabot slugs, while the SO would grab the AR15. Anything not totally shredded by the dobermans would be in trouble.

Dialing 911 will come later, after we've secured the place.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Grab my phone and dial 911.

Don't know your "relationship status", 12131. But in my situation, the 911 call is the wife's responsibility while I'm looking into the home defense situation.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Mossy pump. I keep an empty Vaseline™ jar handy, too.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post