SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fishing gear online
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fishing gear online Login/Join 
posted
I need to order a bunch of fishing gear, fly and spining. Who do we like for that sort of thing?
Thanks!

Posts: 132 | Registered: December 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I've ordered a fair amount of stuff from both TackleDirect ( www.tackledirect.com ) and Tackle Warehouse ( www.tacklewarehouse.com ) and been happy with both.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
support your local fly shop

(if you have one)

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Bass Pro and Cabelas are fine, unless you want specialized gear or the highest-end gear. It is probably not the place to look for $1000 fly rods.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I agree on Tackle Direct. Their store is about 1 hour drive for me. Not the cheapest, but they do run some good sales.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flies I tend to buy local wherever I'm fishing, Fly rods I have to cast, online just wont work, but lures and spinning gear I havent had to buy in eons. I spend a small fortune at a local shop, they just dont stock everything I'm looking for. The guy that owns the place told me to pick up some stuff but order it online, he couldn't gaurentee he could get it.

I'll give those 2 shops mentioned a try. Thanks!

Posts: 132 | Registered: December 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Tackle warehouse has awesome selection for online.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the fly fishing gear, Dan Bailey out of Montana has good stuff.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I buy a ton of fishing gear on line at, you guessed it...Amazon. Prices are competitive and I get it in two days. You will be surprised at the odd ball, hard to find stuff they have access to.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5039 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
In the local vein-

The LL Bean stores have free workshops/clinics usually on Wednesday and Thursday on fishing topics.

I know the fly casting basics class and some "Clinic" classes are completely free. You do have to register online. Some of the subjects: favorite local fishing destinations, Essential knots for fishing, Choosing the right fly rod, and others. Cabelas does the same thing and probably other stores. You may know more than the presenter but tech does change.

They have others more sophisticated where there is a charge. If there is store like this near you it's worth checking out.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post