SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Watch Mystery
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watch Mystery Login/Join 
posted
Need a watch expert. My watch is a Kobold Professional A chronograph. Not many people are familiar with Kobold. Mine is the same as a Bell and Ross. It has an atomatic (self-winding) Valjoux movement. I wear it to bed and for the last three nights, it has stopped running during the night. Last night, for instance, I went to bed around midnight and the watch stopped at 2:55 AM. I thought perhaps it meant I was not moving during sleep, so yesterday, I took the watch off and laid it on a table to see how long it would run without any movement. It was still running almost 8 hours later. So what is causing it to stop only 3-4 hours after going to sleep? I sure hope this isn't one of those alien encounter deals.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Kobold is not well liked for their service ethic. They make great (expensive) watches. they seem to fall short on service though.

Why not try Jack Alexyon International Watch works.

http://internationalwatchworks.com/

Good luck,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20320 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Are you winding the watch once in a while with the crown? I know it´s a weird question but a fully would spring is important to have an automatic watch runnig over a longer time.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
Are you winding the watch once in a while with the crown? I know it´s a weird question but a fully would spring is important to have an automatic watch runnig over a longer time.

No, I never do that. Good tip but don't think it explains my issue.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post