SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Watch back, pop off or screw off?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watch back, pop off or screw off? Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
(that almost sounded like an insult. Wink )

The other day my father asked me to look at this watch of his, it needs a battery and he doesn't know how it comes apart. I thought... "I know who to ask!"

Some blurry cell pics.

The paperwork doesn't say. The back doesn't say.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I had one similar a long while back. My jeweler friend popped the back off. Seems he had a press for putting it back, too.

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Pop off, I believe.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
FYI

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Walmart does it for free when you buy the battery. I had a Timex Expedition that was similar and the gal used some nifty little tool to pop it off.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3627 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
It's a pop off case back. Don't try it yourself without the proper case opener tool unless you want to gouge the watch case.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents. I assumed it was a pop off, but since there's not little "divot" like most have I was afraid to try.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I would rather screw off than pop off. JMHO

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post