SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cooper tire recall
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cooper tire recall Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Customer Care closed on Saturday.
I’ll call Monday.
One DOT is 3519 and the other three are 4019
So they certainly fall with in the time frame.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Please tell me more. Goodyear is on my shitlist from that crap they pulled awhile back.

What crap was that? I don't recall hearing about a Goodyear scandal.

Went woke back in August. Here is the 8 page thread.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/5110026374/p/1

Huh. So many companies are getting woke and sticking their noses into shit that has absolutely nothing to do with their business. Including, unfortunately, my own employer. 7 months from now I'll have 20 years in with them. I hope I can hold my nose and stick it out until then. Retirement is sounding better and better all the time.

Returning to the OP, I took my flat Cooper to the tire store today. Nothing wrong with the tire, it failed because the chrome-plated rim developed some corrosion around the bead and it broke loose. They cleaned up the edge of the rim and remounted and balanced the tire, no charge. They also pulled the other three and dunked them in a water tank to see if they were leaking any air around the beads, so far so good. When it comes time to replace these tires I'm going to replace the rims too. They also checked with Cooper and said that the Discoverer ATPs in the size I have (245-70R16) are not one of the problem tires, so they should be good - rims notwithstanding - until the tread wears out.

Interestingly, the spare tire on the truck, which I assume is original, is a 265-70R16. So somebody sometime during the truck's life before it came to me, put on some smaller tires and crappy plated rims.

Posts: 7260 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
So I am good.
17” AT3s are not part of the recall.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
The two sizes involved are 275/65-18 and 275/55-20. (Per the draft of the letter going out to customers)

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post