SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stolen Q400 from Sea-Tac
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stolen Q400 from Sea-Tac Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
What made it tragic?

well its cost the airline more than a few bucks, and the ins. company

except for the costs involved , what a way to go.

taking other peoples stuff is just as wrong as wrong can be.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54625 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Don't you get it. Guy clearly needed help.
My God he had a mom and dad i imagine. Plane was an ends to a means.

Posts: 126 | Registered: January 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He got help. An island broke his fall.

You don't get it.

He carefully planned out and trained and prepared for this event.

So did the 09/11 hijackers.

They needed help, too, but it's nothing 5.56 couldn't have handled.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

You don't get it.

There's a slight difference...if only I could put my finger on it...

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:

You don't get it.

Uh...you don't see a difference between terrorists killing 3,000 people and 1 guy committing suicide? Really?

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:

You don't get it.

There's a slight difference...if only I could put my finger on it...
Yeah...sit in a stadium with 45,000 other people and hear about a man stealing an airplane and going wherever the hell he wants and tell me there's only a slight difference.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:

You don't get it.

Uh...you don't see a difference between terrorists killing 3,000 people and 1 guy committing suicide? Really?

Jim

No.

The damage done by the 1911 terrorists wasn't the damage to the twin towers; it was far more extensive than that. Their goal was terror. They shut down the most advanced airspace system in the world. The ground transit to a halt, changed the face of intra and interstate travel, and caused billions of dollars in damage.

The jackwad in the Dash 8 didn't actually kill anyone, but killing others isn't necessary to cause panic or terror.

The notion that this was simply a suicide is simplistic and wrong. This went far beyond a suicide and placed tens of thousands in jeopardy.

Banned
posted Hide Post
Sns3guppy. He clearly hit the land to kill himself. Never, ever involved another human. Maybe on take off but, I can see he got that going all right.

Compassion it's free give it.

Posts: 126 | Registered: January 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It it painful to be that naive, or is ignorance really bliss?

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
quote:
It it painful to be that naive, or is ignorance really bliss?

Is it really necessary to be so dismissive of another's opinion? In one question you succeed in calling someone naive or ignorant. Would you say this to a person face-to-face?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5051 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
As someone who sat through the fallout from 9/11 with a whole lot of frustration, and this as someone who doesn’t use my ATP or CFI certificates to earn a living, I think I understand at least some of sns3guppy’s anger at this individual and fear of the coming fallout in terms of government response. I’m not as angry as he appears to be, and I do have some compassion for the individual who offed himself. However, I’d be a lot happier if he’d chosen a method with less impact on others.

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
The damage done by the 1911 terrorists . . .
I hate the 1911 terrorists too. They've done a lot damage.

For example:

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Would you say this to a person face-to-face?

Yes, of course.

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
God bless the internet...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^^ that's some funny shit

You should put it in the funny memes thread

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Remember the stolen Dash 8 from last August? TheFlightChannel just put up a great simulator video dramaticizing the flight.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16337 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
That’s wild. One of the craziest stories of 2018. Unbelievable.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post