SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stolen Q400 from Sea-Tac
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stolen Q400 from Sea-Tac Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
More phone footage, including the barrel roll and eventual crash.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Very sad. I don't condone his actions in any way. But that doesn't negate the sadness I feel for this guy.

Posts: 11385 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
He tried to do a barrel roll in this?

He DID a barrel roll in that

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Fuck that guy. I’m sorry for the loss of the plane. What a douchebag.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I ignored this post because—even though I’m familiar with many aircraft—the term “Q400” meant nothing to me.
A more descriptive post title would have been helpful.

No kidding. It's the same thing with some and their ridiculous, obscure acronyms. Roll Eyes

Beyond annoying.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
From Zacsquatch / Jesus Christ, Richard link:

"Pierce County Sheriff Paul Pastor said in a news conference .. the man appears to be dead."

He could be pretending. You'd better make sure.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:
From Zacsquatch / Jesus Christ, Richard link:

"Pierce County Sheriff Paul Pastor said in a news conference .. the man appears to be dead."

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/MH7KYmGnj40

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:
F"Pierce County Sheriff Paul Pastor said in a news conference .. the man appears to be dead."

"Hang on for a minute . . . BANG! OK, he's dead. Now what?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in 1969, an AF mechanic stole a C-130 from RAF Mildenhall. He may have done some acrobatics beforehand, but then he disappeared into the water.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/...-bid-to-return-home/

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
How much knowledge is needed to get that plane off the ground?

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Guess it’s a new fad.

A few weeks a mechanic in Cape May, NJ (next island over from where I live during the summer) said fuck it and stole a bi-plane/banner plane.

He buzzed the houses for a few hours freaking people out until he had enough and landed on Coast Guard base and ran away. I think they finally removed the plane last week.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal....e-on-cape-may-beach/

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
ATC full audio

http://garchives1.broadcastify...255-590200-15227.mp3

Air Traffic Control: (these guys are so f'ing calm...they refer to the pilot as "Rich")

"Hey uhhh....pilot guy, can this thing do a back flip do you think?"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigLaw:

Way more than an introductory lesson in a Cessna 150.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I ignored this post because—even though I’m familiar with many aircraft—the term “Q400” meant nothing to me.
A more descriptive post title would have been helpful.

Yeah, I though it was going to be about somebody's Infiniti SUV getting ripped off from the airport parking lot. The reality was a lot more entertaining.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
quote:
Originally posted by SigLaw:

Way more than an introductory lesson in a Cessna 150.
Yeah, but it’s honestly not that hard and the information is readily available.

Get the motors on, ensure the flight controls are free and clear, have enough runway, throttles forward, pull back on the stick when you having flying speed.

From that point on the laws of aerodynamics apply.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
Such sad news. I worked at Horizon from 2000-2004. It was the best job I ever had and the greatest group of people to work with. The guy that stole the plane was a mechanic so he knew how to start the apu, start the engines and taxi it around. The Q400 is a great airplane. It is massively overpowered so if you give it the gas she is going to fly no matter who is behind the controls.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
He almost put it in the Sound at the bottom of the roll; looks to be >30* nose down with a good pull to get the nose up. I've taught enough acro to licensed pilots to watch out for rolls, as the student often becomes disoriented and pulls back once inverted.

I imagine "Rich" had a few lessons, or snuck in some sim time.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
He almost put it in the Sound at the bottom of the roll; looks to be >30* nose down with a good pull to get the nose up. I've taught enough acro to licensed pilots to watch out for rolls, as the student often becomes disoriented and pulls back once inverted.

I imagine "Rich" had a few lessons, or snuck in some sim time.

I heard his convo with the ATC and he said he has flown plenty of planes gaming and in a simulator. WTF.

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Since he was a mechanic and knew how to start and probably taxi the aircraft combined with it being so unloaded that thing would probably get off the ground easily whether configured correctly or not.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I thought his aerobatics were quite good.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post