SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What state has the worst traffic?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What state has the worst traffic? Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Alaska.

Seward Highway, Memorial day to Labor day.

I'd rather row a raft by hand than drive to anchorage on memorial day weekend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13954 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
State wise I could not say. But the worst driving I have seen lately has to be NOLA.
And I-75 through Cincy used to rate right up there too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I am going with Chicago: between how screwed up Illinois DOT roadwork is and how bad the Chicago area drivers are (think third world demolition derby and it might be close).

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
El Paso Texas, I-10 on a Friday afternoon. No one knows what lane they want to be on, so they keep switching lanes.

Phoenix. Keep up with traffic or get run over.

Tucson, AZ. Poor traffic planning and infested with snowbirds.

Houston, Tx. If on a motorcycle, get in between two 18 wheelers for added safety.

I always avoid Denver.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Lets not forget Atlanta after 4pm daily. The 101 in the bay area, flooded by Apple hipster defuses, gets my vote. Some of the others previous mentioned like Nova/DC, NYC/LI can equally produce a cornhole meltdown. Anyone been on the I-4 in Orlando? You'll learn french fast after 3:30 daily!

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I can only talk about cities I drive in. Which is all any of can do.

Austin, Texas.

Way worse than Houston, Dallas, Ft. Worth, or San Antonio.

This

Posts: 26903 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
GA 400 through ATL, pretty much a built in MCF.
Still not as bad as DC to me though.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Maybe not the worst, but I-25 in Denver plain flats sucks.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
My vote is the DC area.

This weekend I was on the inner loop and it was stop and go from the American Legion to 95. This was 1pm on a Saturday. Even the weekends seem to have major slowdowns on the beltway these days.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LA naturally is in it's own category when the distance people travel is insane. I've been in traffic on 405 and while heavy and every side-street backed up from Long Beach thru Santa Monica...it moved. Traveling thru the Inland Empire on 15, 10 or, 215 I wanted to shoot myself, absolutely the worst: heavy trucking traffic, first generation drivers and heat.

Seattle comes in a close second, their issue is geography. The topography of various hills doesn't help, add in a healthy dose of bridges and water crossings which choke down the lanes and you have a recipe for exasperation.

Boston was pretty awful last time I was there, Big Dig was just completed but, that didn't seem to offer much relief. SF Bay Area is pretty bad if you're jammed in the East Bay.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Northern Virginia surrounding area and Beltway. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
DC/Northern VA

Atlanta

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I think Boston is the most confusing place I've ever driven.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
D.C.
Boston
Austin

Every city I've been to has had its' moments, but day in, day out, this is my experience.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Santa Fe New Mexico. From someone who has driven in Albuquerque, Philadelphia (downtown, courthouse area), NYC, Newark, NJ.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I thought LA traffic was pretty bad until I went to Cairo where not only are there more vehicles on crummier roads, but it is considered cowardly to use your brakes and horns are used instead. It illustrated in a dramatic way how Islam (submission to the will of God) has such appeal to these hapless souls.

Several years ago, I spent time in Istanbul. It took longer to get from the airport to my hotel than it did to travel from London to Istanbul! Traffic was better than it had been in Cairo only because due to crowding, traffic moved more slowly.

Then I moved here, near Austin!

Agreed, we might complain but some overseas locations are truly bad.

In Jakarta I lived less than 3KM from my office and it took 45 minutes each way. I would have walked if were not for the 95% humidity...in Ukraine the level of WTF (you've seen the videos) is off the charts...I have been scared for my life there...and that was with family driving.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The drive from Stamford CT to my house in Shelton CT in the afternoon. Takes roughly 2 hours to go 25 miles. I'm glad that job is over.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I can only talk about cities I drive in. Which is all any of can do.

Austin, Texas.

Way worse than Houston, Dallas, Ft. Worth, or San Antonio.

Agreed. Austin being LA West, the tree huggers continually stall projects that would ease congestion. I travel to DAL & HOU weekly - Austin wins the prize. Meanwhile the city is due to pass DAL & SA in population in 5-10 years.

That being said, California is still the king of traffic but Texas is gaining fast IMO.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
It's been a long long time since I've been to Austin. I don't remember the traffic being that bad. Was more like a small city when I visited in the 90's.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
San Francisco and Atlanta get my vote. San Francisco for the sheer volume and Atlanta for the madness. I85 can be a nightmare in the rain. The traffic was still moving at 80+ mph, bumper to bumper.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post