SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Greta Thunberg, Child Icon of The GDCs
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greta Thunberg, Child Icon of The GDCs Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
Here in Michigan, the GM strike is constantly on the news. That made me think that perhaps Greta could go to the picket lines and harangue them!

I can hear it now:
"How Dare You?!
You have stolen my future by building your SUVs.
For MONEY."

Actually, it would show blue collar workers where the dems really stand.

For extra showmanship, her handlers could transport her in a sailboat from NY to Detroit on the St. Laurence Seaway. Don't know if the current would cooperate or not but she could scowl and shout at it. Roll Eyes

She and her ilk would lecture the strikers that they could all go back to school and learn to code.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Heh, heh. No Nobel Peace Prize for Greta.

“Ethiopia's prime minister Abiy Ahmed has today been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize – beating eco-campaigner Greta Thunberg, who was tipped to receive the honour…”

https://mol.im/a/7562251

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
All I see is a girl who someday will be a woman that I would not want to be married to!!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
All I see is a girl who someday will be a woman that no one would want to be married to!!

FIFY Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
She's an angry young Hillary Clinton. She will abuse everyone around her as she grows older. Nobody will tell her no.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
She's an angry young Hillary Clinton. She will abuse everyone around her as she grows older. Nobody will tell her no.

Tony.

Needs a woodshed!

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It2TE4OuG-U

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
All I see is a girl who someday will be a woman that I would not want to be married to!!
I wouldn't want to live in the same neighborhood she does!

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2057 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Oh, come now. Don't be so harsh. Her full name is Greta "Tons-O-Fun-Berg" and that scowl is just a particularly unfortunate RBF (Resting Bitch Face).

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Evidently Greta's influence has now extended to the Hollywood Gang......

Jane Fonda is following Greta .... right to the pokie:

Jane Fonda arrested during climate change protest outside Capitol
BY ALICIA COHN - 10/11/19 01:51 PM EDT

THE HILL > https://thehill.com/policy/ene...l&utm_campaign=25336
==================================
............. "She told the Post she was inspired by 16-year-old climate change activist Greta Thunberg.

“Greta said we have to behave like it’s a crisis,” Fonda said. “We have to behave like our houses are on fire.”...........

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:
“Greta said we have to behave like it’s a crisis,” Fonda said. “We have to behave like our houses are on fire.”...........
...or like you're sitting in a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun which was there to shoot down American planes and kill Americans in the service of their country. You know- really sell it.

BTW, Jane, just how old are you now? And you're taking your queues from a child? "Greta said"? Sure thing, you traitor.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Hanoi Jane" is now 81 and looks good thanks to Plastic Surgery helped paid for by the huge $$$ Divorce settlement from Ted "Captain Tint" Turner.

Now, back to the tread.....

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Sorry I haven't read the thread, but I just stopped in to question why she was considered for Nobel prize, she hasn't done anything but scold the entire planet with no actual suggested solution to her perceived problem.

I've never wanted to punch a child or female before, but that insufferable little brat sure made me consider it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Sorry I haven't read the thread, but I just stopped in to question why she was considered for Nobel prize, she hasn't done anything but scold the entire planet with no actual suggested solution to her perceived problem.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I was asking what she's actually done. All I know about her is that she gave a really angry speech. Has she helped craft some kind of legislation, started a non-profit, planted thousands of trees, washed off oily penguins, etc.? Or was she in consideration just for being a whiny brat?

ETA, no need to post that guys mug on here, unless he's riding a women's bike, that's pretty funny.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was asking what she's actually done. All I know about her is that she gave a really angry speech. Has she helped craft some kind of legislation, started a non-profit, planted thousands of trees, washed off oily penguins, etc.? Or was she in consideration just for being a whiny brat?

Dude, I was making a joke. You basically just described Obama and the absurdity of giving that man a nobel prize.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Better?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Dude, I was making a joke. You basically just described Obama and the absurdity of giving that man a nobel prize.

Oops over my head. Gore got one too, not sure for what though. Inventing the internet maybe?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I got the joke. I thought it was funny.

BTW, flies are never wrong....

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I do not blame her. She is a pawn.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
I do not blame her. She is a pawn.
Which is why we're not even harder on her.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post