SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Greta Thunberg, Child Icon of The GDCs
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greta Thunberg, Child Icon of The GDCs Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Does that mean another round trip on a yacht to accept her award?
Actually she came over on a boat but flew back home just like us unknowing slobs would. Just another hypocrite the MSM loves.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Does that mean another round trip on a yacht to accept her award?
Actually she came over on a boat but flew back home just like us unknowing slobs would. Just another hypocrite the MSM loves.
you
I’d love to have someone film the little pos at the airport and rub the leftist worlds nose in in it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I heard recently that Greta Thunberg has Asperger's Syndrome.

Having spent six years volunteering in a mental health capacity, and being present for hearings involving patients with Asperger's, and talking with physicians and mental health professionals about the condition, I am appalled that the Left is using this girl for their own purposes without regard to (or perhaps because of) her condition.

*SNIP*

She has been pushed to the front by the leftists BECAUSE of her autism. They somehow think this makes her more sympathetic (leftists LOVE "Victims"), and they also use it as insulation "How DARE you 'attack' an autistic child? You MONSTER!"

I was just discussing this with my wife a coupla days ago. I don't know if little miss Goebels actually understands that what she is shoveling is pure BS (her parents are professional actors, after all), or if her handlers have convinced her it is true. If the former, then she's a willing co-conspirator. If the latter, then she is being systematically abused. Autistic kids obsess over almost anything; if she believes she will die in 12 years if we don't stop 'climate change,' then she will think of nothing BUT her impending death.

I really don't know which is true.

quote:
In layman's terms, a person with Asperber's syndrome displays several noticeable symptoms. First and foremost, is a complete lack of empathy. They simply cannot fathom what other peoples' feelings or reactions to their actions may be, nor do they care. They can be quite intelligent and articulate, but they just have no emotional governance.

Might explain why she seems to be so angry all the time. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
When Greta shows me decades, or even years, of her original scientific research that support her claims, I will give it my due attention.

Until then I'll see her as the tool that she is.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

A very convenient fact that the Left likes to use, both as an example of a person 'over coming' certain health conditions but, more importantly, supporting the dogma and rhetoric that has been crafted. Get the same person, who espouses religious rhetoric, video games, electronics, whatever...they'd get dismissed as crazy or, different.

Well, my only known experience with Aspberger's patients is those adjudicated NGRI. That's all I need to know.

Well there's your problem. Your only experience is with the bad ones. Might as well come to the same conclusion about black people because you don't have any interaction with them outside of a jail.

Check out the book Look me in the Eye by John Elder Robison, it'll give you a better perspective on people with Aspergers.

As for Greta, she's just a useful tool, and as soon as she's no longer useful to the other watermelons, they'll toss her aside for the New Hottness.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Sweet little Gretta without an adult written script in front of her.... Roll Eyes

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Fourteen and-a-half minutes and counting....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Sweet little Gretta without an adult written script in front of her.... Roll Eyes...

It's like she hit a wall, or something...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Any time I see children trotted out like this I can’t help but think of Hitler Youth.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Sweet little Gretta without an adult written script in front of her.... Roll Eyes...

It's like she hit a wall, or something...

Cool

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
NGRI

?

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
NGRI

?

not guilty by reason of insanity

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Any time I see children trotted out like this I can’t help but think of Hitler Youth.

The neighbor's daughter in 1984 (Parsons).

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Oooohhhhh...GOOD ONE!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...nst-climate-demands/

United Nations negotiators expressed disbelief then anger Sunday as the COP25 climate talks in Madrid, Spain, looked set to end with no agreement on anything of substance.

The only unanimous decision reached by the 25,000 delegates was the backing for another identical conference in 12 months time to revisit the agenda in a program that first started in 1991.

Negotiators from the Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) pointed the finger of blame at Australia and the United States as well as Brazil and Japan for resisting the call for financial reparations to be sent to “victims” of climate change as well as other major industrial nations which see no reason to support U.N. global climate tax demands.

The U.S. in particular was blamed for refusing to agree to developing countries’ demands for money under what is known in U.N. jargon as the Warsaw International Mechanism (WIM). It did point out no country in the world gives more to humanitarian causes than it does.

U.N. chief Antonio Guterres exhorted major world economies on Wednesday to signal more ambitious commitments to cut greenhouse emissions and obey the globalist call for change.

“History cannot accept that my generation will betray our children and grandchildren,” said Guterres, a former Portuguese prime minister, who has made climate a signature issue since taking over as U.N. secretary-general in early 2017.

The next U.N. climate summit is set down for December, 2020 in Glasgow, Scotland.

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is my understanding that the diagnosis of Asperger's has fallen out of favour in the medical community. The problem being where to draw the line between it and functional autism. So now, I understand, it's all lumped in together under "autism spectrum disorder" (ASD).

quote:
I am appalled that the Left is using this girl for their own purposes without regard to (or perhaps because of) her condition.

For the left it's "by whatever means necessary." And, yes: If anybody but them used mentally challenged people for their narrative the left would be all over them like a bad suit. It's part and parcel of the hypocrisy of the left.

quote:
In layman's terms, a person with Asperber's syndrome displays several noticeable symptoms. First and foremost, is a complete lack of empathy. They simply cannot fathom what other peoples' feelings or reactions to their actions may be, nor do they care. They can be quite intelligent and articulate, but they just have no emotional governance.

I don't know as I'd say that's "first and foremost," but it is certainly a common trait in individuals with that form of ASD.

If you want to see a great example of that form of ASD in action, just watch The Big Bang Theory. The Sheldon Cooper character demonstrates it perfectly. Diminished or complete lack of empathy. (Which can include the ability to inflict thoughtless, casual cruelty without regard for the target or consequences.) Poor or non-existent social skills. Difficulty or complete inability to read body language. Obsessive-compulsive behaviour. Single-mindedness so intense that everything outside the individual's current focus ceases to exist. Difficulty dealing with frustrations "normal" people shrug off with ease. Odd, perhaps even frightening, sense of humour.

Many social behaviours most people take for granted as part of being "human," such people have to learn. (Howard, to Penny, in one episode, where she's trying to persuade Sheldon to do something: "Try telling him it's a non-optional social convention.") And because they're learned behaviours, rather than innate, they can really only mimic them. They can't internalize them. Whatever wiring that allows "normal" people to do so simply does not exist for them.

And, yes: What the left, the media, and this child's parents are doing to her is exceedingly cruel. Just as what they've done to Gabby Giffords.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Climate change is an imminent threat, people are dying, ecosystems are collapsing BUT I got too lippy and people are mad so I’m going to take a break. Right....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Leemur,

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Climate hangs is an imminent threat, people are dying, ecosystems are collapsing BUT I got too lippy and people are mad so I’m going to take a break. Right....

"Star Wars Fatigue"

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Should some individual who knows photo shop could take her photo and frame it with a toilet seat looking down into her ugly little face I sure would like to have a copy!

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post