SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Greta Thunberg, Child Icon of The GDCs
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greta Thunberg, Child Icon of The GDCs Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Aren't they down to like 20 pages in the print edition? Thin and irrelevant. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does that mean another round trip on a yacht to accept her award?

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
So predictable from a rag like Time. I think I punched a grumpy earlier this morning that was more meaningful and interesting. Just sayin'...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
Not surprised. Adolph Hitler was named Man of the Year by the same publication in 1938.

Joseph Stalin, butcher of tens of millions of Soviet subjects, was twice TIME magazine "Man of the Year".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/envi...-world-leaders-wall/

Greta Thunberg Says We Will ‘Put World Leaders Against the Wall’

“Unfortunately, we probably already know the outcome. World leaders are still trying to run away from their responsibilities but we have to make sure they cannot do that. We will make sure that we put them against the wall and they will have to do their job to protect our futures,” she said, according to the Daily Mail.

more from Greta the idiot:

It is not fair that the older generation are handing over the responsibility to solve this crisis to us young people who have not started this crisis. It’s not fair that we have to do all this.

The adults are behaving as if there is no tomorrow but there is a tomorrow, it is the tomorrow where our young people will live and we have to fight for that tomorrow. We can no longer take that tomorrow for granted.

Greta added that the next decade “will define our future.”

She said: “What we decide to do or not to do in this decade we will have to live with for the rest of our lives.

“And our children and our grandchildren will also have to live with it.

“So 2019 is almost over and we must make sure that 2020 is the year of action, is the year when we bend the global emissions curve.

“We must make sure, and we will make sure that if we stand together we can do it.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
About the Time magazine’s “Person of the Year” that I posted in the Biden thread:

============

I keep reading this stuff, so I took a couple of minutes to research Time magazine’s “Person of the Year” thing. This is what Wikipedia has to say about it, and the definition is exactly how I’ve understood the designation ever since I first heard of it decades ago:

“Person of the Year (called Man of the Year or Woman of the Year until 1999) is an annual issue of the United States news magazine Time that features and profiles a person, a group, an idea, or an object that ‘for better or for worse... has done the most to influence the events of the year.’”

Was it appropriate to designate Hitler Man of the Year when the magazine did? By the above definition, absolutely. Anyone who knows the tiniest bit about world history in 1938 understands that he had several European countries, and especially France and the UK, dancing like marionettes on strings with his threats and demands. Hitler did the most to influence events for several years during that era, and being singled out for special coverage was hardly surprising.

The designation is not an “award,” it is simply a marketing method of attracting attention to the product, i.e., the news reporting periodical. In that regard, it’s hardly unique to Time magazine. Two of the periodicals I subscribe to, the science journal Nature, and The Wall Street Journal, do the same thing all the time. If Nature decides to make diabetes the special focus, the magazine will include a series of in-depth articles on just that disease in addition to everything else it normally publishes. The purpose is to attract the attention of people who are interested in diabetes, and of course, to hopefully convince a few more of them to subscribe to the journal. It’s not to say, “Hey, look at what a fine thing it is to have diabetes.”

Is the kid who was designated the Person of the Year this time really the one who influenced events of the year the most? We might dispute that (I do), but that’s a marketing judgment call by the people who are trying to sell more magazines, nothing more.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"... It’s not fair that we have to do all this. ..."

Meet "The Wall", brat.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
apparently the little twunt is 'taking some time off'

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
"... It’s not fair that we have to do all this. ..."

Meet "The Wall", brat.

Perfect!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
tigereye, that's hilarious. Is that your work? Wish I'd thought of that. Big Grin

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

“Unfortunately, we probably already know the outcome. World leaders are still trying to run away from their responsibilities but we have to make sure they cannot do that. We will make sure that we put them against the wall and they will have to do their job to protect our futures,” she said, according to the Daily Mail.

When I think of putting somebody 'against a wall,' I'm thinking of a firing squad. So this ignorant child ACTOR brat is basically advocating execution of those with whom she disagrees.

Typical leftist.

The fact that leftists trip all over themselves in fawning adoration of this brat tells me all I need to know about them - shallow, vacuous twits that don't have a clue as to how the real world works. They have convinced themselves that "if they believe it, it will be so," to the point where most of them are living in fantasy lands of their own creation.

Go ahead and try to bully China, Greta. Go ahead. Sail your 'green' sailboat over to Beijing and lecture the ChiComms on 'environmental responsibility.'

I DARE you.

Of course, we all know that she will never do so, and we all know why.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
tigereye, that's hilarious. Is that your work? Wish I'd thought of that. Big Grin

Regrettably no, came across my FB feed and thought it was hysterical. Wink

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I heard recently that Greta Thunberg has Asperger's Syndrome.

Having spent six years volunteering in a mental health capacity, and being present for hearings involving patients with Asperger's, and talking with physicians and mental health professionals about the condition, I am appalled that the Left is using this girl for their own purposes without regard to (or perhaps because of) her condition.

In layman's terms, a person with Asperber's syndrome displays several noticeable symptoms. First and foremost, is a complete lack of empathy. They simply cannot fathom what other peoples' feelings or reactions to their actions may be, nor do they care. They can be quite intelligent and articulate, but they just have no emotional governance.

There is a psychological condition known as Borderline Personality Disorder. My late wife was afflicted with it. It's very similar to Asperger's, although a doctor explained to me that Aspberger's has a biological/chemical basis for it, whereas BPD is "learned behavior" (usually through childhood).

In either case, people so afflicted are horrible to be around. I have a book somewhere on my bookshelf written by a therapist on BPD. In the preface, the author states that these people are some of the hardest to treat, and she often refers them to her main competitors!

I feel sorry for Greta Thunberg because she is being so cruelly manipulated. At the same time, every time I see or hear her, the hairs on the back of my neck go up. And I want to put distance between us.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Regrettably no, came across my FB feed and thought it was hysterical. Wink

Way more influential that the screaming brat.

++++++++++++++++

Fast forward to 7:45 Cool Big Grin

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/xviOr6txI2c

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

A very convenient fact that the Left likes to use, both as an example of a person 'over coming' certain health conditions but, more importantly, supporting the dogma and rhetoric that has been crafted. Get the same person, who espouses religious rhetoric, video games, electronics, whatever...they'd get dismissed as crazy or, different.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.breitbart.com/envi...-world-leaders-wall/

The mask comes off.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

A very convenient fact that the Left likes to use, both as an example of a person 'over coming' certain health conditions but, more importantly, supporting the dogma and rhetoric that has been crafted. Get the same person, who espouses religious rhetoric, video games, electronics, whatever...they'd get dismissed as crazy or, different.

Well, my only known experience with Aspberger's patients is those adjudicated NGRI. That's all I need to know.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
These are rich:
https://twitter.com/QTAnon1/st.../1205836098066436096

https://twitter.com/M2Madness/.../1205648572982669315

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post