SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mid to late April historic events.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mid to late April historic events. Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone noticed that strange things happen in mid to late April?

Columbine shooting
Oklahoma City bombing
Waco
Virginia Tech
Boston bombing

Not trying to be ghoulish, I just find it an interesting coincidence.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
San Jacinto

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
A really good book popped into my mind when I read the thread title:

https://www.amazon.com/April-1...&keywords=april+1865

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Titanic

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Adolf's BDay
Patriot's Day in New England
Lexington & Concord

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
April 19, 1775

The American revolution begins.

April 19, 1943

The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising begins.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there was one odd ball:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ity_of_Iowa_shooting

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Chernobyl

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, my goodness, nothing ever happens any other time of the year.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
..my birthday. Wink

I'd read that April is overweight with significant events, including warfare. The reasoning was that in the Northern Hemisphere, it gets reliably warm enough for people to get out and about.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
April 15–Income Tax Day.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
April 20th is my bday and have had some crazy shit take place over the years on this day

Posts: 355 | Location: SE, PA  | Registered: March 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yes, my goodness, nothing ever happens any other time of the year.

That’s the whole reason for time, so everything wouldn’t happen all at once.

Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
Has anyone noticed that strange things happen in mid to late April?

Yea actually. Strangely I seem to get a whole year older overnight every April 19th.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post