SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So if Prince Charles dies, who is the next King/Queen?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So if Prince Charles dies, who is the next King/Queen? Login/Join 
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roarindan:
A bit of thread drift..... I watched a show where the researcher almost proved (through royal records and baptismal records) that one of the king Charles back in the 12th-13th century was a bastard son of the queen when the king was away at war. and there fore he and all that followed in his line are illegitimate, and the real heir to the throne live in New Zeland.

For some “real fun”, Franz Wittlesbach, Duke of Bavaria, is the legitimate Stuart heir to the British throne.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...anz,_Duke_of_Bavaria

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
TBH, If Prince Charles dies, Queen Elizabeth II will still be the Queen.

But William will succeed her.

God Save The Queen.

Indeed.....she's the only one I care about, hate to see something like this take out such a strong woman.

personally I would rather see William get the crown over Charles...he seems like a decent fellow.

A view shared by many of us them. William was an air ambulance pilot in my county for a few years, so his chopper pilot training wasn't wasted.

Both the young men served their country well.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I often wonder how much longer this charade will last; the titles and positions are ceremonious and carry no real weight. While Queen Elizabeth has been a wonderful role model as monarch, at least based on the things I know, the shenanigans of Charles, Andrew and Harry have been embarrassing for their family and for their country.

I may be completely off-base, but I see this as a tradition that is slowly dying. Now that demise may have been hastened by the Queen's sons and grandson.

I believe there is great love and respect for Queen Elizabeth, but after she passes, how long before the British people look at the remaining family as very expensive welfare recipients and say enough is enough?

tacfoley and other UK members, am I seeing this completely wrong?

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am not a subject of the Queen, but it is my feeling that enough Britons still feel there is value in the Monarchy that it won't be given the boot. I suppose they could screw that up, though.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I am not a subject of the Queen, but it is my feeling that enough Britons still feel there is value in the Monarchy that it won't be given the boot. I suppose they could screw that up, though.

Britain without the monarchy, would be like France but with bad food and worse weather. Wink

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I am not a subject of the Queen, but...

I think we are on the same page. With Queen Elizabeth there, I think all is well.

Will Prince William be able to handle the mantle? He seems to be free of scandal, well-accomplished and well-regarded.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Will Prince William be able to handle the mantle? He seems to be free of scandal, well-accomplished and well-regarded.

And he married a stunningly beautiful lady.

Posts: 9036 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Meaningless pomp and circumstance, almost all of it. Sell their real estate, their jewels, all of it.

The sooner the basic (and utterly insane) notion that some people are simply born better/superior dies a vicious death, the better off humanity will be. Such ideas continue to hold us back, as a species.

Such ideas have always been vile, and continuing to prop them up is one of the dumbest things humans do, usually in some unspoken wish that they too might be married to a Prince or Princess one day.

Romantic stories best left for fiction and history. End it all. Now.

Quit being anyone's "subject".

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:
Originally posted by roarindan:
A bit of thread drift..... I watched a show where the researcher almost proved (through royal records and baptismal records) that one of the king Charles back in the 12th-13th century was a bastard son of the queen when the king was away at war. and there fore he and all that followed in his line are illegitimate, and the real heir to the throne live in New Zeland.

For some “real fun”, Franz Wittlesbach, Duke of Bavaria, is the legitimate Stuart heir to the British throne.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...anz,_Duke_of_Bavaria

After reading that, I decided I am the Duke of my A-HOLE. Since no-one is contesting the title I must be gtg, requiring no defense.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8675 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:

And he married a stunningly beautiful lady.

Ah, yes. But she was seen on their honeymoon topless with her new husband present! Scandal!

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Meaningless pomp and circumstance, almost all of it. Sell their real estate, their jewels, all of it.

The sooner the basic (and utterly insane) notion that some people are simply born better/superior dies a vicious death, the better off humanity will be. Such ideas continue to hold us back, as a species.

Such ideas have always been vile, and continuing to prop them up is one of the dumbest things humans do, usually in some unspoken wish that they too might be married to a Prince or Princess one day.

Romantic stories best left for fiction and history. End it all. Now.

Quit being anyone's "subject".

I don't have the source, but I watched a documentary a few years ago about Buckingham palace and it mentioned that tourism of the monarchy property adds 800 billion pounds to the economy annually. So the royal family actually makes Great Brittan a lot of money these days

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Who cares. Didn't we fight two wars to see to it we don't have to care about this shit anymore.

Posts: 7524 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Who cares. Didn't we fight two wars to see to it we don't have to care about this shit anymore.

When you are under house arrest, as I am, the mind wanders somewhat.

I hear Charles has survived the Red Flu, so it's back to navel contemplation.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post