SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The St. Louis City Prosecuting Attorney's Office and The High Cost of Progressive Justice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The St. Louis City Prosecuting Attorney's Office and The High Cost of Progressive Justice Login/Join 
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted
Kim Gardner the St. Louis City Prosecuting Attorney has been a bad joke since the day she was elected (Jason Stockley trial, Greiten's investigation and subsequent Judge's Bitch Slap, a list of Banned Officers, currently under investigation herself, etc). At least the local media is looking into why trials are lost or charges dismissed. The St. Louis City Prosecuting Attorney's Office has had a 100% turnover resulting in a total loss of 470 YEARS of Prosecutors with trial experience.

St. Louis Post Disgrace: 470 Years of Experience Gone

Wesly Bell is the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney who has modified some of his stances and actions......mainly due to a long list of qualified attorneys who will either run against him in the next primary or will run as Republicans. The West County and South County voters aren't happy with him, and his core BLM Mob supporters aren't happy with him.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
This seems pretty awful. When I web searched "is st louis more safe or less safe with kim gardner" I saw that even with a confession from a child murderer, she won't prosecute...

Other headlines found state that she is prosecuting police for assault, trying to overturn past cases, issuing fewer arrest warrants, declining to prosecute an increasing number of cases, and has decided to decriminalize weed possession: no longer prosecuting marijuana possession cases for under 100 grams (this amount is clearly not for personal use but likely for distribution...so no jail time for small dealers.

This is at odds with a statement from her during her election campaign (funded by George Soros, incidentally) “Together, we can make St. Louis safe by being smart and tough on crime by reforming a broken system,”

So by "reform", Kim, you mean "abolish the criminal justice system in St Louis"?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kim Gardner the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney has been a bad joke since the day she was elected...

I know you meant St. Louis City.
But, yes, she is accelerating the demise of the City.
It's sad.

They want re-entry into the County as a last resort and it may happen. I will continue to oppose it for many reasons, but the biggest is the debt. The City must purge itself of the debt through bankruptcy before any re-entry into the County.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24105 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the article:

Jail populations are dropping: The average daily inmate count at the city’s two jails has declined 23% since 2016. Violent crime rates, however, are on their way back up: homicides through August are up 16%; robberies are up 3%; shootings, 6%. Only reported rapes are down, by nearly 20%.

Is it difficult to see the connection? Less criminal tried and convicted leads to more of them on the street to continue menacing the population.

Does she care for the general St Louis population, particularly the minority neighborhoods, adversely affected by her progressive policies?

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
From the article:

Jail populations are dropping: The average daily inmate count at the city’s two jails has declined 23% since 2016. Violent crime rates, however, are on their way back up: homicides through August are up 16%; robberies are up 3%; shootings, 6%. Only reported rapes are down, by nearly 20%.

Is it difficult to see the connection? Less criminal tried and convicted leads to more of them on the street to continue menacing the population.

Does she care for the general St Louis population, particularly the minority neighborhoods, adversely affected by her progressive policies?

Nope. These are the same results as Chicago, Boston, and other places where Soros sponsored "Progressive Justice" candidates were elected to Prosecuting Attorney. St. Louis City cops are taking a ton of cases to the US Attorney for successful prosecutions. In my little department, we have taken 4 dope and gun cases in the last month to the US Attorney for prosecution.

Oh, robberies are only up 3% because they got rid of strong arm robbery aka Robbery 2nd Degree (the new Robbery 2nd Degree requires "significant" physical injury which the state prosecutors now say is several broken bones, surgery, and/or a stay in the ICU). If they had the old definition of Robbery 2nd Degree, that stat would be 30% increase. Now, knocking someone out and taking their cell phone and wallet is only Assault 4th Degree and Stealing.

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Philly's DA Krasner is from the same mold. The day after he took office he fired dozens of the most experienced prosecutors. He's anti-cop and pro black criminal.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
From the article:

Most gang related violent crime is associated with street level (minor amounts) narcotics sales activity. Decriminalizing these sales, drives up the number of turf wars among those involved in these "business disputes."

As to the number of reported rapes: What woman would want to report being sexually assaulted, if she believed the assailant's actions would be minimized like all the other violent crime in the neighborhood? When arrests for other felonies are being rejected/discouraged by prosecutors that are more concerned with "restorative justice" than real justice for those who've been victimized, rape victims can "read the writing on the wall." Roll Eyes

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in St Louis County and avoid going in to St Louis city as much as possible. Armed carjackings are also on the rise in the area. The leadership is a disgrace just like many other cities run by left leaning politicians.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 119 | Location: Missouri | Registered: August 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BKile:
I live in St Louis County and avoid going in to St Louis city as much as possible.

My position vis-a-vis Detroit. "They" keep saying Detroit's making a comeback, but, given that it ranks #3 in murder rates in the U.S., and well within the top 100, world-wide, I'm not seeing it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I live in St Louis County and avoid going in to St Louis city as much as possible. Armed carjackings are also on the rise in the area. The leadership is a disgrace just like many other cities run by left leaning politicians.

Same here.
The City is dying. Other than a Cardinals game or a Blues game, there's not much reason to go into the City. The Landing (near the Eads bridge) used to be cool, not anymore. Soulard has gone down hill too.
They really need to get rid of the City earnings tax to attract businesses back into the City.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24105 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is just another example of the cancer that democrats inflict on the country and the people. I am still amazed that anyone would vote for a democrat?? Can anyone help me understand the allure to vole and elect a democrat??

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
St Louis has been a mess since the first shovel of dirt was turned for Pruitt-Igoe. It is the people who are the problem, so it's no surprise that they elect this type of person to high office.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not just in St. Louis City, carjackings and street robberies are up everywhere. thugs steal or carjack someone and then driver around doing armed street robberies on people walking down the street or just pulling up/parking their car.

I am on nights now and have been hearing area broadcasts for several carjacking and robberies every night. The other night there three carjackings and 5 street robberies broadcasted (St. Louis City, St. Louis County, and St. Charles City).........It was a Tuesday.

to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
St Louis has been a mess since the first shovel of dirt was turned for Pruitt-Igoe. It is the people who are the problem, so it's no surprise that they elect this type of person to high office.

When the projects existed, there were 5 known gangs in St. Louis area. Now there are over 200 in the area (St. L City/County, St. Charles County, Jefferson County).

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not just in St. Louis City, carjackings and street robberies are up everywhere. thugs steal or carjack someone and then driver around doing armed street robberies on people walking down the street or just pulling up/parking their car.

Thank you for the reminder.
I don't always carry concealed, but I do always try to be aware of my surroundings. Also, it's always a good idea to lock your car doors right after you get in. It can prevent someone from walking up to your car, pulling the door open, and yanking you out of the driver's seat.

-rduckwor

to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Thank you for the reminder.
I don't always carry concealed, but I do always try to be aware of my surroundings. Also, it's always a good idea to lock your car doors right after you get in. It can prevent someone from walking up to your car, pulling the door open, and yanking you out of the driver's seat.

An alert scanning body language is the best defense. Almost every single street robbery victim was either on phone (talking, texting, or viewing) or chit chatting with the person they were walking with, or doing the park the car at 0230am and doing the long day at week shuffle to their house. I can't tell how many girlfriends would complain that I wasn't looking at them when they were talking while we were walking to our car.

Keeping your keys in your off hand is a great idea. If being robbed, you can hit the alarm button as you toss them one direction, break in the other direction to escape or draw your pistol. If suspect has gun in right hand facing me, I would throw to their left and then break to their right (outside zone). I have options there; I can check their gun arm with off hand while drawing gun or knife, I will be in a good position to put very close range shots or stabs (lots and lots Filipino Martial Arts and blade training; I ALWAYS have a blade on me or very near by) into them (why I like revolvers). Some of these assholes kidnap p0eople take them to an ATM to withdraw cash. As for me, my advice is you NEVER want to taken to crime scene #2 (crime scene #1 is where you are being robbed or contacted at). Thugs take people to crime scene #2 because that is where the Thug is more comfortable. Odds are something bad is going to happen to you at crime scene 2 or crime scene 3.