SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Let's talk western boots. What are you folks liking?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Let's talk western boots. What are you folks liking? Login/Join 
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
My Nocona's (at least 25 years old) are the most comfortable shoes/boots I own.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I like a lot of Lucchese boots, but they just don't fit me. I custom ordered a pair in Cody at a big boot store just a couple years ago. Really disappointed that they didn't work for me.

It makes them even more expensive, but you can go tour the Lucchese factory in El Paso and get them to mold your foot and make a custom last for you. They'll hold on to it for any time you order a pair of boots.

Something to keep in mind. Thank you

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sierra Trading Post has some Lucchese boots that are significantly discounted. The two pair I received from them were made in the US and fit my (kind of weird) foot better than any other boot I tried.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Report This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I've had my pair of Fryes since I was 18, sister took my Stetson when she moved to Colorado.

Most comfortable boots I've worn.
Rough-out suede, mule-ear heels.

I hear stellar reports on Luchese, just don't have the $.

Love cowboy boots, it's as American as it gets.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Lucchese, if the wallet permits.

Oh boy, that was the one other pair that fit ok in the round toe that I couldn't remember the name of. Good Lord, they were comfortable but they were expensive! *Edit - they were these:
https://www.lucchese.com/shop/boots/carson/M1020.R4

Just past my comfort zone for a really expensive splurge on footwear, at least for a first pair. I was tempted to buy that pair, but they were two-tone glossy black lowers and grey uppers that I wasn't super wild about for the price. Had they been all black

I have pair of Lucchese boots almost identical to these that are probably 12 years old and they are terrific. Very much worth the extra cost for the comfort and quality. Still look almost new and are very comfortable. Fit and quality are the priorities. Buy once, cry once.

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government

Posts: 129 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 29, 2013Report This Post
Picture of dgwiggans
posted Hide Post
Lucchese
Nocona
Justin

All are good boots. Lucchese tend to be on higher end & justify their price. Justin good everyday boot (I've got several, from my daily work boot to something nicer)

Balze-Halze, very nice Hippos'. Bout' how much did they run you?

-------------------------------

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like Lucchese. They fit better, and are better made. They'll last forever with resoling. They have boots made in Texas, and some are made in Mexico. The Mexican-made boots are good, but the Texas boots are the more deluxe models.

I have decided that good shoes are worth the money and aren't more expensive in the long run.

Rios of Mercedes also makes a nice boot.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I like a lot of Lucchese boots, but they just don't fit me. I custom ordered a pair in Cody at a big boot store just a couple years ago. Really disappointed that they didn't work for me.

It makes them even more expensive, but you can go tour the Lucchese factory in El Paso and get them to mold your foot and make a custom last for you. They'll hold on to it for any time you order a pair of boots.

Between the many recommendations for the brand and this critical tidbit of information, maybe I'll consider a custom pair in the future. That's not a horribly long flight from here and I have a lot of family there I haven't seen in twenty years or so. My wife has been pestering me to go out and meet them since we met. Besides, hometown and all that. Wink

Guess I better start saving those nickels and thinking about what I want. Big Grin

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a pair of Frye boots back in the seventies. They were nice but then the company got sold and quality went to hell. Dropped into the Lucchese store in San Antonio in 1968 , when I was in basic at Ft. Sam. They had a big picture on the wall of Lyndon getting fitted for a pair. Too expensive even back then. Have a nice pair of Tony Llamas that I can't wear since my feet went the way of my waistline . Never got to meet Charlie Dunn .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgwiggans:

Balze-Halze, very nice Hippos'. Bout' how much did they run you?

-------------------------------

They are actually a brand of Lucchese under the Burns Cowboy Shop name.

Cost? They, uh, were... ahem, thirteen hundred, cough, cough.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Lucchese Or then there's Lucchese...

I've had Justin's, Red Wing and some others. You won't beat a pair of Luccheses. They're made in Texas. They come in almost any leather you can think of at price ranges to match. I've had Eel, Lizard and Calf. The Calf was the best overall. The Eel was the softest to breakin.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Rios of Mercedes. Period.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lucchese Or then there's Lucchese...

quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Rios of Mercedes. Period.

Hmm. What are we to do now? Big Grin

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I was also starting to ask myself that question. Big Grin

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
All of the suggestions are good. However on my budget, Justin Ropers are comfortable and work for me.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Report This Post
Picture of dgwiggans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Cost? They, uh, were... ahem, thirteen hundred, cough, cough.

Really a great looking boot. I'd could imagine the price on them. Need to clarify who gets them in your will. I'd think they'd last for a few generations at least.

----------------------

Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Ariats are good for prople who are going to beat them up, and would sob over their Luccheses geting scuffed. Except maybe for good ol' Justin ropers, the Ariats are the best combination for walking, working, and riding. They will only dent your wallet a little bit.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Report This Post
Picture of dgwiggans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPTKILLER:
All of the suggestions are good. However on my budget, Justin Ropers are comfortable and work for me.

You'll be happy with the Justins'. IMO, they're probably the best boot for the money. My last Justins' are a pair of deer skin ropers that are some of the softest & most comfortable leather I've ever felt. If for any reason your not happy with them, just send them back. Good Luck.

------------------

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Back when I wore them often Dan Post was the brand everyone wanted.

Unless you were an urban cowboy and had no chance of being within 50 miles of a horse....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
"Square toed" boots fit me best. I have two pair, one Dingos (that I wear for work) and a pair that I wear for Cowboy Action.

I've also got a few other pair of Justin (one pull on, like Wellingtons) and a pair of lace up ropers. For serious dress, I have a pair of Justin Python boots.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Report This Post