SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did Matt Drudge Have A Falling-Out With Trump?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did Matt Drudge Have A Falling-Out With Trump? Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
No kidding. I barely check Drudge anymore as yes he is very anti President Trump. His website was "impeachment central, Trump is going down" for a few days. I use Breitbart as my main go to these days. Except for a few evening and weekend shows, Fox News has gone left too. I mostly just watch Laura Ingrahman.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Ive always hated how Drudge refreshes every 5 mins and doesn't load back to where I was.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Eveey day is 1998 with that antique website.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't gone to his site in 2 yrs. Drudge got to the point that it seemed like every story he posted was from the NY Times or Washington Post and behind a paywall so you couldn't read them anyway.

Posts: 581 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I don't know what to think, I'd like to believe he's stirring the conservative base.

He does have a lot of negative Trump stuff but most of that is transparent and predictable talking points from the usual suspects. In a way Drudge sets it up to bury itself in oversaturation. He also denies it the power of TV with its parade of mockers, scoffers, intoners and haters. If you click on a Drudge political video link, what's wrong with you?

As such Drudge is just words for the vast majority of his visitors. As upsetting a a quick scan of his site may be, I can't remember seeing something there and thinking "Uh oh..."

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Never been a big visitor to Drudge's site. Probably haven't clicked there in at least 5 years.

Honestly, for some reason I thought he had died

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

too true

if it weren't for Slick Willie and a blue dress we probably would have never heard of Drudge

------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Drudge hasn't been the same for the last year or so. I just deleted the link, replaced with the ones offered here. Thanks gents, I was pretty much done with ole Matt for awhile.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, haven't looked at Drudge in several years. I look at Ace of Spades and Whatfinger now...they are pretty decent.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:

too true

if it weren't for Slick Willie and a blue dress we probably would have never heard of Drudge

------------------------------------------

Correction - if Newsweek hadn't sat on the Lewinsky story, we'd probably never have heard of Drudge. He exposed their sitting on the story, which is what made him famous. He didn't dig the Lewinsky story up first, he just reported it when Newsweek refused to do so.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah. It looks ancient but it is my understanding that the site is state-of-the-art when it comes to tracking and advertising and it earns Drudge a few million per year with a surprisingly small staff. The guy can probably do what he does with a lap top from anywhere in the world that has an internet connection.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see the "Drudge syndrome" a lot. Old news people had a hit or two (Bernstein, for example) and struggle to remain relevant. Failing that, they whore themselves out for clicks or attention on TV. Very sad. Even sadder, often media types try to help them. They keep asking Bernstein his opinion. Who the hell cares? Journalism is about the story, not the journalist.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
If it matters, I saw https://rantingly.com/ listed as a drudge alternative.

Also, saw a blurb that a bunch of sites and assets surrounding the DrudgeReport were sold off, and that there were expectations laid out that included bringing Drudge in line with advertiser expectations.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I haven't been on there since the beginning of Trumps election, and don't plan on going back. When I first went on the site I found it odd that it was just links to news stories.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Drudge Report has sucked for a long time. I deleted the link on my browser.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Screw him in any case.

Sums it up perfectly.

Yes, I gave up watching his crap years ago.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by springnr:
Drudge replacement----> Whatfinger

Umm, that's a no from me. That ad infested website is not even close to drudgereport.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I admit I was wrong about Drudge.

I'd never paid that much attention to him, checking in a little more often the last couple years. Since this thread opened, I've been paying closer attention and yeah, wtf? If I had little use for him before, I have none now.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
quote:
Originally posted by springnr:
Drudge replacement----> Whatfinger

Umm, that's a no from me. That ad infested website is not even close to drudgereport.

Different strokes, choices are good.

Starting in the mid 90s, probably Windows for Workgroups, I've always used the host file to round file ads. Some ads still slip by, most don't.

MVPS
is the one I use these days.

Posts: 425 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Jeez, what an asshole.

Drudge clearly has a personal grudge against Donald Trump now, it’s plain as day.

Went on there just now to see if he had anything new on this whistleblower and he doesn’t but he does have shit like:

-The walls are closing in on Trump
-It’s only a matter of time
-Democrats are closing ranks
-An actual picture posted of Nixon leaving on Marine One the day he resigned

Hey Matt...piss off you wanker. Acting like a scorned woman now. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post