SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did Matt Drudge Have A Falling-Out With Trump?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did Matt Drudge Have A Falling-Out With Trump? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
2015, 2016, 2017 and into 2018...the Drudge Report was pretty balanced on the Trump news

Now, it's all negative all the time on Trump. Every. Damn. Day. Mad

WTF happened to this guy?

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Maybe he's just trying to relive his Bill Clinton impeachment glory days.

Screw him in any case.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Hey has been negative for the last few years. He's MSNBC level right now.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Screw him in any case.

Sums it up perfectly.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm about to delete all my Drudge bookmarks, it's sad because I've been checking that daily for over 20 years now.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
2015, 2016, 2017 and into 2018...the Drudge Report was pretty balanced on the Trump news

Now, it's all negative all the time on Trump. Every. Damn. Day. Mad

WTF happened to this guy?

At the end of the day, Matt Drudge survives on clicks and views. He probably doesn't care if it's outrage or agreement.

Ever notice how much clickbait is littering all of the "news" pages these days? And that's so called legitimate news pages. The clicky twitter "news" people are even worse, even the conservative or liberty-minded people.

As an example, I like David Harris Jr. for his commentary now and again. A few times a day he posts a link to a short op-ed or even news recount from another site titled something like "Janet Reno requested rifles be pointed at....." and then you're supposed to click the link to find out OMG WHAT DID SHE DO?!

Well it turns out to just be another non-story, but the page is littered with clicky ads.

Even Breitbart is totally plastered with these things now.

Matt Drudge is probably the pioneer in this realm. You probably didn't notice if, like me, you might have agreed with many of his custom headlines.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drudge replacement----> Whatfinger

Posts: 425 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've never found Drudge to be particularly interesting.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by springnr:

Thank you! Bookmarks updated.

Hey Matt Drudge...you're OUTTA HERE!

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did Matt Drudge Have A Falling-Out With Trump?
Welcome to 2017 bro.

quote:
I've never found Drudge to be particularly interesting.

Yeah, it's like the online version of bad AM radio, with ZERO original shit.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Yeah, it's like the online version of bad AM radio, with ZERO original shit.

OK, this is a confusing statement.

Are you inferring that Drudge should be CREATING content?

He always just collected links and posted them on his website. It's just my beef with him seems to be that he NEVER lists any links to positive Trump news anymore, only just the bad.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Hey has been negative for the last few years. He's MSNBC level right now.

Exactly. I haven’t been to his page in about a year. Drudge is rabidly anti trump.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I'm about to delete all my Drudge bookmarks, it's sad because I've been checking that daily for over 20 years now.

Same here. I was reading drudge since before the Lewinsky scandal. But his page is dead to me now.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Drudge has always been an online tabloid.
He just finds others news stories that are likely to get a click and reposts them on his site.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by springnr:

Thanks for the tip.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The "Drudge Report", which implies a 'report', or making something worth reading, but it's just a bunch of links to other shit.

Then everyone blabbers how they "Read on Drudge", blah blah blah, so I assumed that somewhere in all his clickbait that there was some original shit, other than his titles.

Granted I could never find them, so he lost my interest very early on the first day I heard of it.

I'd return occasionally when people would mention "It's on Drudge", but it was still the same recycled shit with inflammatory titles begging for clickies.

Again, it's like shitty AM radio - just repeating what others have already said, usually poorly.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Drudge only cares about Drudge. Nothing else. He has turned completely into a tabloid sensationalism National Enquirer in the last few years, worse and worse in the past year and a half. Scandals, half truths, outright shocking fake shit sell.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Citizen Free Press is a good site, too.
https://www.citizenfreepress.com/

Drudge is just clickbait and he leans left bigtime.

Posts: 4682 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I stopped reading Drudge completely, and it's an improvement on my day. Robots having sex with humans, houses of filth with 50 cats and dogs and feces everywhere-- and similar Enquirer type stories-- three headed pig-- who needs that crap? Plus, constantly anti-Trump.

Screw Matt Drudge.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I dumped Drudge long ago and have been using Whatfinger and Breitbart regularly. Occasionally also The Gateway Pundit and Lucianne.

An ad blocker browser plugin works well with all. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post