SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    University Now Stocking Men’s Bathrooms With Free Tampons
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

University Now Stocking Men’s Bathrooms With Free Tampons Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Free tampons? I'm in. Those things are pretty handy. You can stick them in a bleeding gunshot wound. Or they are great for cleaning 12 gauge barrels.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Student Rep. Katrina Morrison proposed the program, telling people that having to buy tampons was “an unnecessary burden” and that access to feminine hygiene products is vital.

So they will offer free food next, right?

Because that is even MORE vital of a need. You can, after all, live without menstrual products. And, while I don't know how much tampons cost, I do know that food is expensive. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Might be a good substitution for the MANPON.

<div style="background-color: #000000; padding: 4px; width: 520px"></div>

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
My only comment here is what I've seen firsthand- not to do with the gender issue, but "free" stuff.. I was at a software user's conference once that was being held at a very nice country club. During the break, a lot of younger gals headed towards the bathrooms.

In the restroom, there were baskets of sanitary products. The baskets were emptied before the first wave of women went through the stalls. It was appalling how quickly they were grabbing and stuffing their pockets and purses with this stuff. I left, confident that this group would never be invited back to the place. And yup, never held there again.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I'll pick some of them up. We used to go through a few of them a game when I played rugby. Fastest way to stop a nosebleed I've ever seen. Shove one up there, cut it off and you're right back in the game.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
The need to install urinals in the women's bathrooms.

Good point.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
The need to install urinals in the women's bathrooms.

Good point.

Your male privilege is showing. Urinals are a sign of male dominance (the ability to pee standing up).

They would remove all urinals to force EVERYBODY to use the same plumbing features. . .

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your male privilege is showing. Urinals are a sign of male dominance (the ability to pee standing up).

...wait....isn't the demand for 'free availability' of a 'vital product' upon the 50% of population not needing such more clear example of the very definition of “an unnecessary burden” and that very access a de facto most definite female privilege???

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
quote:

...wait....isn't the demand for 'free availability' of a 'vital product' upon the 50% of population not needing such more clear example of the very definition of “an unnecessary burden” and that very access a de facto most definite female privilege???

There are no such things as "female privilege," "black privilege," "gay privilege," etc. ALL privilege comes from being either male, white, hetero, conservative, or a combination thereof. (Just like how blacks "can't be racist").

Of course, I'm being purposefully sarcastic here, but many people truly believe this tripe.