SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    University Now Stocking Men’s Bathrooms With Free Tampons
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

University Now Stocking Men’s Bathrooms With Free Tampons Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
Yup, another one of these first-world kinda stories. Another burden lifted. Greater "inclusivity". Etc. Super.

The University of Wisconsin-Madison launched a program in April to provide free tampons in the men’s bathroom.

“Menstrual products will be available in all of the bathrooms of the Red Gym so that they are available to any student who might need them, ” Steve Wagoner, a spokesman for the school, told The College Fix.

The women’s bathrooms in Helen C. White Hall and Sterling Hall are stocked with feminine hygiene products, while The Red Gym will also have tampons and pads in the women’s, men’s and gender neutral bathrooms.

Student Rep. Katrina Morrison proposed the program, telling people that having to buy tampons was “an unnecessary burden” and that access to feminine hygiene products is vital.

“It’s definitely a deficit and an unnecessary burden for [anyone] to have to go and purchase menstrual products,” Morrison explained. “Having them be free and readily available in campus buildings is definitely a necessity.”

Other colleges are providing tampons in men’s bathroom because of transgender students. Brown University made tampons available to both men and women in their bathrooms.

“We wanted to set a tone of trans-inclusivity, and not forget that they’re an important part of the population,” student body president Viet Nguyen explained in September to Newsweek.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04...mpons/#ixzz4eYRIrSBz

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
If they don't put condoms in the women's bathrooms, this is all just an empty gesture.

Posts: 3236 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
The need to install urinals in the women's bathrooms.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Damn straight.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8679 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:

The University of Wisconsin-Madison launched a program in April to provide free tampons in the men’s bathroom.

For free bleeders?

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
IDK, they'd make great ear plugs....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
IDK, they'd make great ear plugs....

I was thinking they would be good for nose bleeds and colds.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:

“Menstrual products will be available in all of the bathrooms of the Red Gym

How in the world did you guys miss this? It's too funny when you think about it. Maybe they were trolling the shit out of these snowflakes!

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

For free bleeders?

For ear plugs?

Edited to add: I see someone beat me to it!

Serious question: Will this craziness ever end?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Having them be free and readily available in campus buildings is definitely a necessity.”

Definitely a necessity!
... and why charge tuition?
The whole place ought to be "free and readily available".

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:

We just dodged that bullet! Too close for comfort.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
“Having them be free and readily available in campus buildings is definitely a necessity.”

Definitely a necessity!
... and why charge tuition?

I think New York City and San Francisco now (or soon) provide free tuition at public colleges for residents (legal or not in San Francisco).

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
We need to get male college Republicans to take all of the menstural products as soon as they are restocked for donation to women's shelters.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Given the state of snowflake culture on campuses today, this seems like a perfectly reasonable action.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I really need to move away from this kind of stupid.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:

“Menstrual products will be available in all of the bathrooms of the Red Gym

How in the world did you guys miss this? It's too funny when you think about it. Maybe they were trolling the shit out of these snowflakes!

There's just no parking in the Red Gym....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally a free source for arts and crafts projects.

http://www.tamponcrafts.com/

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
To paraphrase an esoteric 'truth' revealed by nitrous oxide inhalation, attributed to William James or his friend...

The smell of bullshit pervades throughout.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Cliff Wms would be proud, considering he's a tampon angel right about now.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Cliff Wms would be proud, considering he's a tampon angel right about now.

I laughed out loud a little when I read this.
Not a "hearty sea-going" laugh (you'll have to ask Balze about the definition of that), but still, more than a chuckle.

Does this make me a bad person?? Eek Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post