SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What brought you to SIGforum?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What brought you to SIGforum? Login/Join 
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I was lost and they took me in. Or it could have been because I had just bought a 229.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Mark123 Knew I had a Sig226 and invited me over.
So it's all HIS fault. Big Grin

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I was researching buying a 226.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I picked up a P226 Tacops and I was researching info tips on maintenance. I didn't actually post in the lounge area for at least a year, just stayed in the pistol and rifle section.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
The hope for counseling to slow my growing need to purchase guns, knives, and flashlights. Little did I know... Razz

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was researching buying a 226.

Now have a P220 as well - Great group

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
I initially was looking to purchase a Sig P226 for HD as my first handgun, so I was doing my internet research...

Unfortunately at the time it wasnt in the financial cards, so I ended up with a G17. But I stuck around Big Grin

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
The purchase of my MPX 9mm carbine steered me here, and the community kept me here.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1164 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Strong presence of intelligent life, that's the best way I can describe it. It helps me to hang with kind and informed independent thinkers of all types, I like to think some of it could rub off and stick.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8655 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
I started out on the SIG556 forum because I had just bought a 556 and was interested in mods and tips. It got to a point most everyone one there was going totally mall ninja and I was looking for more diversity. Typed in search for Sig and Sigforum popped up and I have been here ever since. I'm a member of other gun forums but this one is the one I gravitate to the most. Plus I was able to sign most of the wavers.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Research for a 228, seems like yesterday.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3640 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I wanted to know more about the Sig 556 i had just purchased. Happily, my 556 ended up being a great gun.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
Looking for info on Sig pistols and this popped up. Was already a member of S&W sight but there is no comparison. This sight is my daily go to for comprehensive no BS info.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
google,

was looking up some stuff on a few pistols I was selling for my Father and also one I was thinking of buying and found this place,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Bought a P229R and started searching for a forum to find out about stuff I didn't know.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Bought a P226 in .40S&W made by SIGARMS in about 2001 and lurked here to learn for a few years. Finally joined and as they say ... the rest is history.

I met most of my friends in the PNW via SIGForum when I moved here in 2003 from CO.

This forum was absolutely instrumental in getting help with a defect in the materials hardness (slide; which SIGARMS was screwing around with recipes at the time for "Nitron"), which they coated their slides with, which in turn "ate" the barrel up.

I strongly believe that the traction/attention garnered on this forum was quite helpful in getting that pistol replaced.

Early days of the Intarwebs in some sense - at least for brick and mortar companies and related customer service. I had been told all was "normal" but I couldn't accept that when about 1/16+" deep wear on the barrel was present from the slide cycling and slowly eating away the barrel with every round fired.

From 24 pages of responses (fairly sizeable back then), SIGARMS finally did the right thing with a new replacement P226 - and that was in large part in thanks to SIGforum.

So many stories since ...

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I had just bought my first Sig, a P239 40 S&W, and was looking for basic info on it.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a Glock guy for a long time, and came across SIGforum when I was interested in learning more about P-series pistols. I've become much more active recently. I've learned a lot not just about Sigs and other topics here, so I continue to frequent the forum.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post