SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What brought you to SIGforum?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What brought you to SIGforum? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I wanted to start carrying and was looking for information on a P239 (because that is what I thought I really wanted), and 'found' SIGforum.

I wound up buying a G19 for that purpose.

Since then however, I have picked up a P228, a P226, a P938, and am now looking around for a nice pre-owned / non-railed P220.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
LoneStar from the beretta forum. He got me hooked on the 239. Sadly he passed of cancer recently.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Early days of the Internet for me. I was just looking for information on Sigs and ran across SIGforum.

Someone asked about TDI (Tactical Defense Institute) in Adams County.

As a long time student and fan of TDI, I felt obligated to join and share my experiences about TDI.

The rest.................well the rest is history.

Thank you to the Owner and all of the Mods who have made this such an incredible place to visit.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually can't remember whether I came here first or bought a P220 first but the two events happened within days of each other. Subsequently, I bought two more P220's. Oddly, it was being here that got me interested in Glocks. I have since exchanged all three P220's for four Glock pistols.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I was searching for info on this the P6. The logo let me know I was in the right place. Smile

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Mid 90s P220.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I was shopping for my first centerfire pistol (long time revolver guy) and I needed advice. I think I found it by Google. Don't really spend time on any other forum. . .

Same here, except it was my first firearm, period.

I saw there was excellent advice to be had on an area I had zero experience and background in, and lurked for a few weeks before I had a question and needed to join up to post it.

There are other forums? Eek Cool

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
When I turned 50 I went "Gun Crazy" and before that I was just a "Mild Gun Enthusiast".
I always liked and wanted a SIG and started my online research ~ found the forum and the rest is history. Smile

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
I was a member of S&W Forum, which Para also owned back then, and rburg organized an infiltration of S&W guys. No other forum owner like parabellum.
Same here. And para is the bestest.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sheeit

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107571 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
I came to SIGforum to learn and share information on the evolution of the P220 pistol. I found that and so much more.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was interested in acquiring a 226 or 229 357 SIG. I discovered SIGforum while cruising the net for info. Originally I was trying to decide between the two, but eventually ended up with both anyway.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I was in the market for my first handgun and my brother had told me I should get a SIG P226 so I found this site doing research.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
I bought a P229.

Subsequent to that, I was googling some info on it. That Google effort let me to SigForum.

+1.

Btw, by introducing me to SIGforum that turned out to be very expensive P229. Worth every penny though!

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife gave me a P229 as a birthday gift. My friend had one and I could shoot it really well. Th gun I got I couldn't shoot at all. I was trying to find information about SIG and the P229 when I happened upon SF. I asked some questions and a number of knowledgeable people helped me.

Then I went to the "Pitch Your Bitch" and read something V-Tail wrote and thought, "I like these guys".

I still can't shoot...

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
One of the IDPA guys in San Diego felt sorry for me with a brand new P226 Navy that couldn't hit squat and suggested I look for Bruce Gray here.

I found him.

It turned out a loose nut was holding the grip.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:
I was looking to buy a SIG P232. Very little handgun experience at the time and that pistol caught my attention. Found good folks who were knowledgeable and respectful. Stayed and learned - and boy did this forum put a dent in my wallet Wink

Insert P226 and this is pretty much my story. First handgun I'd bought instead of using old hand-me-downs, and had lots of folks recommend Sig as the best option for my needs.

Glad I chose that pistol, and really glad to have had this place become part of my life.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I was doing searches on the P250, but once I'd held one, I didn't want one. I also remember I was looking up pictures of SHOT show, and a link came up to Sig Forum's gallery, where someone here had gone to SHOT 2010 IIRC and posted a bunch of pictures. I spent a lot of my first few months mostly in the Gallery before wandering into the lounge and Pistols sections.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I had recently attended a SIG class at their academy and found the forum to ask which SIG pistol I should purchase with my class discount....the P239 or P229. I opted for the P239 in 357SIG/40 S&W.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
A used Sig 226.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post