SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What brought you to SIGforum?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What brought you to SIGforum? Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted
This may have been asked before, but I don't recall it. I was referred here by a member from another site. How did you find the forum?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I don't remember. Honest. Eek

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I was shopping for my first centerfire pistol (long time revolver guy) and I needed advice. I think I found it by Google. Don't really spend time on any other forum. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
I've no recollection of life before Sigforum. I may have been born here.

Posts: 2582 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A P6.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Sig 239, I was looking to purchase a medium size carry pistol.

I stayed because we have cake.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I was a member of S&W Forum, which Para also owned back then, and rburg organized an infiltration of S&W guys. No other forum owner like parabellum.

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
I bought a P229.

Subsequent to that, I was googling some info on it. That Google effort let me to SigForum.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I was looking at my first Sig - a P226 Equinox, as I recall. I purchased the pistol in part because of this site. I thought I would hang around here a short time while I became familiar with my new purchase, and here it is 10 years later now. If I had known I would have spent more time picking my name. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Was looking for p225 and found the forum.

Posts: 5693 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I was looking to buy a SIG P232. Very little handgun experience at the time and that pistol caught my attention. Found good folks who were knowledgeable and respectful. Stayed and learned - and boy did this forum put a dent in my wallet Wink

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't recall. But I stay for the intelligent conversation, humor and overall knowledge I find here.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I was extremely frustrated by my first handgun, Browning Pro40, and knew the SS carried Sigs so I came here to learn more. The members overwhelming recommended the P229, and next range session the Pro40 refused to slide lock again so I drove straight from the range to Tomball Pawn. I traded the Pro40 and some cash for the P229.

I mainly hung around the pistol and rifle section my first year before venturing into the lounge.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I can't remember the search that brought me here either, that was over a decade ago. I suspect it was to find info on a P229 I had. I do know that 10 years ago I owned two handguns and an old shotgun. The habit has grown since then

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Doing research on my first carry gun, which happened to be my first SIG.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Hookers and blow.

Bought my first handgun and it was a Sig. Lurked for awhile and then joined. At first it was the pistol section for me. Then I found the lunge and realized this place was more then just exchanging info about Sigs.

I've stayed awhile. Heck this might be my longest relationship.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
When I bought my first sig -- SP2022.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Like SapperSteel said. Picked up a P229/9, my very first Sig, and wanted to learn all there was. Google led me here, and the rest is history. Love this place. It wasn't because of the cat picture thread.......

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I was looking for a P220. Looking at other forums I ran across several very positive comments about the Sig Forum's classified section so I registered here.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I was in love with the P220 and was searching for more info about it. Then I wanted to know all I can about CCW as I was in the process of getting my first permit (this was back in 2007 when I was just a lowly lurker here on SIGforum).

Funny thing, I still have never owned a P220. I ended up with a P229 because of what I read here.

Took me quite a few years to finally join up though.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post