SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Pandora (streaming music) different?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Pandora (streaming music) different? Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I dumped them as well in favor of Spotify and Amazon Prime.

Pandora is as dead to me as the NFL.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
It's exceptionally good at what it does, finding similarities between songs and making suggestions based on your likes and those similarities. I love it, but have never paid for it, and ever since the commercials started becoming annoying I only use it to mine for ideas, which I then get elsewhere and listen to without Pandora (by giving things I like a Thumbs Up and periodically looking at the list for new music to chase down for my collection). If you don't mind the commercials here and there (or paying them) - it works perfectly well for streaming music you like, too, of course. I just quit using it that way, hating commercials like I do.

As to creating Stations, here on my Android phone I simply open the Menu, select Stations, and near the top of that page is a "+ Create Station" option. Is that not there for you?

I listen to Pandora when working at my shop, thru my laptop,

I run Chrome, and adblocker, and no commercials,

commercials may be there, but all I hear is a small bit of silence then a song starts up,

tried spotify on a phone, and did not like it, but did not really give it a fair chance,

have Slacker radio app on my phone but have not tried it yet,

I run Sirius/XM in my car, and probably have access to an app if I looked, but will likely ditch that when it renews

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post