SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Treatment UPDATE 4/29 - NOT Good News last page: Cancer (aggressive Lymphoma) is back.
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Treatment UPDATE 4/29 - NOT Good News last page: Cancer (aggressive Lymphoma) is back. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Fight this thing as you always have. Prayers for victory.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for the bad news, but it sounds like you have a fighting spirit, a loving family and a team of capable doctors. I'll be looking forward to good news regarding your recovery.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Hang in there, striker.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
...sigh...

Prayers of wisdom to your doctors, healing to you, and faith to all involved.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Eat if you feel like it!

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Pain can be progress, and also good news.

Last night I started to get the aches and pains commonly associated with neupogen shots. Similar to flu.

I’ll take it. It means that it’s working!

I have three more shots through this week, only about $400 a pop. Wink

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
I hate the flu, but ...

Keep up the good fight. Prayers for strength!

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Striker1...still keeping you and yours in my prayers to knock this thing down and out!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent RB.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.. keep positive.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Praying for you and your family.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Hate to hear this. Hope you recover soon.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Praying, man.

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Just a quick update:

White blood counts have been much better since last chemo three weeks ago. I have Round 6 on Monday and a visit with the cardio-oncologist on Wednesday at Rush in Chicago.

I’m not sure yet if I’ll have a CT scan after this round or the next. If the scan is good, the ball gets rolling for stem cell transplant starting with a biopsy, then collection.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Good news, keep up the fight.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Rush is a superb institution. You, with Rush, will be a powerful force against this foe. God will be with you too. and we'll be here to B.S. with.

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Quick update. Completed round three of RCHOP chemo on Monday. Rush and my doc are planning to do three more. I’ll have my sixth round in November. After that the stem cell process will start.

My cardio-oncologist at Rush put me on a beta blocker. I have cardiomyopathy so that is a concern with the harsher chemo.

RB

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Keep punching back striker!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sending you a long overdue note to tell you that I have been following your progress.

Wishing you all the best for continued improvement and quick recovery. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Posts: 282 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Best wishes and thinking of you stryker1.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post