SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Treatment UPDATE 4/29 - NOT Good News last page: Cancer (aggressive Lymphoma) is back.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Treatment UPDATE 4/29 - NOT Good News last page: Cancer (aggressive Lymphoma) is back. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Keep your head up.
Many new therapies available. Stay aggressive and in the words of my oncologist, "EAT!!"

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to read this. Hope you get well soon and prayers for you and your loved ones.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be well soon, prayers inbound.

Posts: 785 | Location: Eastern Ma. | Registered: November 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent friend!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Learning a bit more. My cancer is presenting as a large lymph tumor attached to the duodenum. Haven’t seen the oncologist yet, this is post-biopsy from the gastroenterologist. Should leave hospital today.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Praying for your complete healing, striker1. You sure have the right attitude to beat this and I believe you will.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Prayers keep the faith.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Update in initial post.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Praying for a good post op report.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for kicking the cancer one more time.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
I’m hopeful that I can take oral chemo. Much easier than the old port method, and I’d need another port installed.

I've been on oral chemo for over four years for a rare form of leukemia. No free lunch as they too have side effects. Five days into initial treatment saw me admitted to ICU for 8 1/2 days as the drugs almost killed me. Later the side effects kept filling my lungs with fluids necessitating both portable oxygen and four thoracentesis procedures until I was finally switched to another chemo drug. That drug was a newer generation and the literature didn't show this lung fluid side effect. It does now FWIW. The current older generation drug I'm now on too has side effects, different but not as severe. At least I'm still here. A couple decades ago this was incurable with only a few years life expectancy.

Hopefully your future experience with oral chemo will be trouble free. Prayers sent!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Thanks all! Bald1, sorry to hear of your trials. Yeah, the side effects can be terrible.

RB

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear about the return of the big C. I got the news last summer.

Stay strong. Prayers for you and your family.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear it's back. My prayers are with you.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Thinking of and praying for you, striker.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Well, I’m in for 3 to 6 months of chemo. Have to get a temporary pic line installed tomorrow, then another portacath installed early next week. First infusion is Thursday morning. I have several lymph nodes that are growing more aggressively than before. Will be on an all liquid type diet for at least the next 60 days.

The fun part is now worrying about finances. My wife can’t work due to a back issue, so hopefully I can get us through this for the foreseeable future. I hope to be able to convert to a temporary work from home role as a support engineer.

Weeeeeee, and away we go!

RB

Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear that you're having to go through this again, Striker!

I'm a survivor myself, and decided two years ago to keep my chemo port to "help my odds". It costs me $35/month to go in and have it flushed, and I consider that paying my dues.

I had to laugh, my Rad Oncologist seemed to have a hard time understanding why I would choose to do this, while my Chemo Oncologist just nodded his wise old head when I told him why I was doing it... "Hedging your bet, eh?" he said Wink

I am saying a prayer for you, and will be keeping good thoughts and ju-ju coming your way as well. Kick Butt and take names!!

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
^ my first port had to come out because it failed after several years of chemo. I did 3 months of regular chemo and about 18 months of light maintenance chemo after that through my hand.

RB

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
striker1, regarding your message- yes, go ahead.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Offering our prayers.....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post