SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Treatment UPDATE 4/29 - NOT Good News last page: Cancer (aggressive Lymphoma) is back.
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Treatment UPDATE 4/29 - NOT Good News last page: Cancer (aggressive Lymphoma) is back. Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted
Went to the doc for some issues, turned out I had a GI bleed and hemoglobin was very low. Pain in my gut. CT scan shows Lymphoma in my abdomen.

I beat it once — twice, I guess, since I had a relapse after my first round of chemo and went on a stronger med — so I’m going to beat this. First diagnosed in 2009, I’ve been clear for about 4-5 years.

I really just want a good steak. That’s not happening for awhile.

I’ll be in the hospital for a couple days. Getting a blood transfusion later, and will be back at my oncologist in the next few days. I’ve been told that the new hot chemotherapy might be pills, so hopefully it hasn’t gotten into my stomach or other areas which would be radiation and surgery.

============

Update 5/14. Hemoglobin is stable, have an appt with the oncologist tomorrow at noon. I’m hopeful that I can take oral chemo. Much easier than the old port method, and I’d need another port installed.

============

Update 6-16. Good news! As expected, the chemo is doing its job. Largest tumor is down to 8cm from 12cm. Bone marrow procedure will still be mandatory.

============

Update 1-11. I’m now almost one month into my transplant. Things are going pretty well. I’ll still be doing radiation treatments sometime in mid to late February through and into March. Hoping I can go back to work the first week of March and get off of this long term disability soon!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: striker1,

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. Prayers for a quick recovery!!

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear it Striker, but you can kick the Big C’s ass again!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Good Luck to you striker1. You got this. Just another bump.
IIRC, you gave me some good words and encouragement about my NHL. It was in my colon too. My best to you.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
God bless! You are in my prayers.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Prayers offered for a quick and permanent recovery.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1362 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Gotta be a sigforumite in your neck of the woods willing to bring you a whoppin' big steak....

Godspeed in your recovery.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Good luck. I would really be sad if I had to forego steak.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Godspeed sir. Yes to the steak, extra butter with your broccoli (no shake, sorry). Hopefully a period of nutritional ketosis will alleviate your lymphoma.

The ketogenic diet and cancer:
https://youtu.be/Q9socQcwPIs

https://youtu.be/wj3UffJ5AgI

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You're in my prayers.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Cancer really sucks. All too often it is with us. Give it hell striker1. Give us some good news.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Rough night, barely slept. I have a very enlarged lymph node pushing on my stomach/back that is borderline unbearable. Hoping they get my morphine dosage right today.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Prayers brother. Let's beat this!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
You've kicked the big "C" in the balls a couple times now, get back in the fight and give it a knockout blow. Godspeed your fight to a complete, and speedy recovery.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
yes prayers for quick recovery

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that you have rejoined the club. Hang in their and be strong. If you have a chance go to clinicaltrials.gov and search for your cancer. This will give you an idea of what currently being tested. You can also narrow it down to a specific institution. Let me know if you need any help navigating it.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep your positive attitude and stay strong. Meantime I'll be sending good thoughts your way.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
I too send good thoughts and healing thoughts your way.

I've had a bit of cancer (melanoma) so I know of the fear.

Chances are high you'll heal back up.

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for successful treatment and a speedy recovery.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this. I hope your recovery is speedy.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post