SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Treatment UPDATE 4/29 - NOT Good News last page: Cancer (aggressive Lymphoma) is back.
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Treatment UPDATE 4/29 - NOT Good News last page: Cancer (aggressive Lymphoma) is back. Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Update:

My “team” at Rush in Chicago, working with my local oncologist, is hoping to have me up there for the bone marrow biopsy, workup, and stem cell collection about the first or second week of November.

Prior to that I’ll get chemo as scheduled on Oct 8 (Round 7). If the post-chemo CT and PET scans look good, the “stem cell” ball will be rolling.

So, that puts me at about the third week of November for admittance to Rush (everything up to now is outpatient). I’ll be admitted for about 4-5 weeks.

The first week is daily high-dose chemo.
Week two starts with the stem cell transplant.
Recovery weeks two through five.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish you the best, prayers sent up for you and family for the best possible results. This damn cancer shit is getting way too prolific Mad

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to you in your fight.

Posts: 868 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
We're praying for you, my friend.

Q

Posts: 26350 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
striker1...still keeping you, your family and all of those involved in your treatment and care in my thoughts and prayers for the best possible outcome.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I will be praying for you and your family. Stay strong.

Posts: 1884 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
All of my best thoughts are with you to beat this and a speedy recovery!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Praying for you and hoping for the best.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent Striker.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yep, continued prayers up for you and all my Sig Forum friends.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Prayers my friend.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adding our prayers....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Still Praying for you

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
some hard dates are falling into place:

10/22 - CT and PET scans
10/29 - bone marrow biopsy in Chicago at Rush
week of either Nov 5 or 12 - collection
week of either Nov 12 or 19 - admittance at Rush, high dose chemo
week of either Nov 19 or 26 - stem cell transplant

recovery through end of year at Rush.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Tough month ahead. Hope the pain is manageable. Positive thoughts. Drive on

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Just got home from my CT-guided bone biopsy at Rush in Chicago. Now it’s a wait to see if my marrow has cancer present, and whether I have enough stem cells for the autologous transplant.

It’s an unusual feeling, even with drugs on board, to hear/feel the drill going through the bone.

RB

Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Rest up. You need all your strength so you can give the big “C” a proper boot to the junk. Wink

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Continued well wishes. Keep fighting.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you. Keep after it friend.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post