SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Coffee gifts for Christmas...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coffee gifts for Christmas... Login/Join 
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted
Apology if previously posted.

https://www.blackriflecoffee.c...ections/medium-roast

I HAD to order some Smile

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I looked at their cocoa. Dominant ingredient is sugar. I would like some quality cocoa, without sugar, without vanilla. Just cocoa. I can pollute it with my own ingredients if I want to.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with you there. Haven found a decent cocoa in 30 years. Let me know when you find one Smile

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
I am also searching for a quality cocoa.
It is an important ingredient in the black bread I bake.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Eek
Didn't realize they have K-cups. May have to give them a try, though they are a bit more expensive than the locally available varieties.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I looked at their cocoa. Dominant ingredient is sugar. I would like some quality cocoa, without sugar, without vanilla. Just cocoa. I can pollute it with my own ingredients if I want to.

Have you ever tasted cocoa powder without the sugar? It's awful. There's a reason why there is so much sugar.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I haven't used cocoa "mixes" for years. Cocoa, a bit of sweetener, pinch of salt, some vanilla, sometimes a pat of good butter. I've been very happy with the cocoa I get from The Spice House (both dutched and regular)

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cocoa is pretty straight-forward. https://www.amazon.com/HERSHEY...YEQ9Q8BM4FX3AT07EQ9J

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Agree with the straight Ghirardelli, Hershey's, or other quality label for unsweetened cacao powder.

But if your tastes run to a hot chocolate mix, we like Cafe Britt both regular and mint. 9.5g sugar in a 22g portion. Less than any other mix with sugar that we've seen but still yes some sugar.
https://www.amazon.com/Cafe-Br...Ounce/dp/B000OP5G1E/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
What...you guys are too good for Swiss Miss? Wink

I don't mind the sugar in cocoa, it's the high-fructose that alot of cocoa have, that I'm not a fan of Confused

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I make my own because not only is it better, it's a fraction of the price of those dumb packets.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Alton Brown's recipe for hot cocoa. You'll never drink the store bought kind again. We mix up a double batch & keep it in a big plastic container. You're welcome!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/rec...cocoa-recipe-1911397

Ingredients

2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup cocoa (Dutch-process preferred)
2 1/2 cups powdered milk
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
Hot water

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and incorporate evenly. In a small pot, heat 4 to 6 cups of water.

Fill your mug half full with the mixture and pour in hot water. Stir to combine. Seal the rest in an airtight container, keeps indefinitely in the pantry. This also works great with warm milk.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post