SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vehicle side moulding
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vehicle side moulding Login/Join 
Picture of whododat
posted
Well, after getting a dent in our car door not two weeks after purchasing it, I have decided to add body moldings to it. Has anyone here had good luck with adding aftermarket moldings to their vehicle that have been durable or lasted a long time?
It was an elderly gentleman exiting his vehicle, who threw his door open and hit our door.

I am pretty sure paintless dent removal will do the trick and his daughter is going to pay for it. I felt bad after seeing him exit his vehicle but then again, neither one of the three passengers left a note on my car apologizing. I just happened to be eating lunch across the street with my wife when I saw it happen.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I’ve had good luck with this company if you’re not wanting what your automaker manufactures:

https://www.dawn-ent.com/

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3956 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Mosey down to your local body shops and talk to them.

They replace and install them all the time.

Good luck to you.

Actually, you can get the factory ones for your vehicle, and you body shop will have sources for aftermarket.

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the suggestions.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put some back on my Dodge Ram. Used a chalk line to make a straight line, just watch the dust isn’t where you want things to stick.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If your vehicle is fairly recent, the dealer or online accessory page may have one designed specifically for it including body color. Doesn't always help. I have them on my Outback and have a nice ding right above my driver's door handle put there by some inconsiderate asshole.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Submitted for your approval, in the Auto Twilight Zone:

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Thank you all.
Doc H, I will look into that post haste!