SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Two PA boys mistreat a deer and post video
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two PA boys mistreat a deer and post video Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
When I read this I was so blown away at the lack or remorse and apathy. Then as I read along I wasn't sure what was scarier the deed itself or the fact that they thought nothing of posting it on Social media for all to see.

I thought there has to be something missing were someone just doesn't get how inhumane this is and wondered how does something like this happen.

I then read the moms reply and can see exactly how this sort of thing can happen.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Investigations need to be done in that area for missing animals and people.

Those boys homes and the land around them need searched, thoroughly.

Think iceberg.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Some birth defects go unnoticed.

...and sometimes they post videos.

I'm one of those crazy neighbors that will walk out in my underwear at 2 AM to release a spider or bug trapped in the house...I also hunt and fish and support the ethical harvesting of various animals.

Years ago I pulled into the parking lot of a pet store to buy some dog food. I was sitting in my truck listening to a radio interview before going in, when I noticed a couple teen age boys walk out of the store carrying a bag of water holding feeder fish. As the punks walked across the parking lot they reached into the bag and grabbed the individual fish and started throwing them as hard as they could against the pavement, sometimes stomping them before walking on and doing it again, while laughing and joking. It sickened me and, once I entered the store I immediately asked to speak to the manager. Once I explained what I witnessed the manager told me that while the boys were in the store they were rude and disrespectful to the salesperson...and that they paid for the feeder fish with hundreds of pennies that they dumped out on the counter before just walking out. He assured me that those boys would be banned from ever making another purchase there, although I'm not sure how he was going to prevent it.

I can't imagine how dark-hearted someone has to be to willingly perform such an act of cruelty.
The animals that tortured that poor deer are beyond any hope for redemption and need to be removed from the population of civil society RTFN.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
How cold and selfish must your heart be to do this to another being? I wouldn’t watch it because it would damage my spirit. As a youth I used to kill bugs without a second thought. I used to shoot lizards for sport. One day I shot a bird. I think it was a dove. That experience changed me. In an instant I was ashamed of myself. Since then I have evolved to where I won’t kill even a bug if I can avoid it. I have determined that were e someone to break into my home I would seek to not kill unless harm to me or my family were imminent. Take the stuff and never come back. Don’t make me kill you.

For me, it was an unclean kill on a Canada goose. I was licensed, and it was legal, but for all my ignorance, I should’ve been pulled aside by someone, anyone, before I attempted to shoot one down so woefully under equipped. I was 20. Didn’t know a damn thing. And I got the worst advice possible on dispatching that poor bird. It’s been a good seventeen years since, and I haven’t had any real desire to hunt since. Not unless I could be totally sure of a clean kill, DRT, lights out shot, and I’m not that good. I went out maybe once or three times after with friends, but I’m not at all convinced that I could’ve taken a shot. It was a social gathering, and that’s all I wanted.

To add insult to injury, someone bumped the stove dial to “broil” at some point, and it was ruined beyond all belief. Bet your ass we four in the house for Thanksgiving ate what was left of that absolute tragedy, and that’s a scene I will never again repeat.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have been volunteering at a parrot rescue lately in hopes of adopting another cockatoo.

The things that I have seen what people are capable of is down right frightening.

There is one cockatoo there that was beaten and slammed in a door. Her wings had to be amputated and her feet were broken so badly, all they could do it make them flat enough to kinda walk.

This bird is the sweetest, love filled creature I have ever encountered. She should not trust, but if she even thinks you are having a bad day, she will drag herself over and preen you and let you stroke her feathers.

People are shit.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96tgjuJr1Vw

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Here’s the most current rundown of the situation in case anyone is interested, including info on the wackos:

https://heavy.com/news/2019/12...rick-alex-smith/amp/

Lots more articles out there if ya google it. But pretty much everyone wants them to pay for this. No chance they’ll be getting off.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
The locals WILL NOT take this lightly......lots of hunting "accidents" this time of year....obits to follow..............

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Here’s the most current rundown of the situation in case anyone is interested, including info on the wackos:

https://heavy.com/news/2019/12...rick-alex-smith/amp/

Lots more articles out there if ya google it. But pretty much everyone wants them to pay for this. No chance they’ll be getting off.
The Great Unblinking Eye is merciless. They've sown the wind and now will reap the whirlwind.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's not go off the deep end. Let's keep our heads, please.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Let's not go off the deep end. Let's keep our heads, please.

It's so tempting with scum like these boys. Anyone who does that to a life, has no regard for life and probably should not be allowed in public.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sociopathic behavior that is certain. Maybe caught before they “slipped through the cracks”.
I found myself incredibly angry after watching a few moments of the video.
I am curious however to see what crimes they will be charged with. Even more curious to see what the final sentence will be. Besides the animal cruelty which they did a fantastic job of documenting for themselves, I am not sure of what other laws have been broken. I am not familiar w PA game laws.

Posts: 613 | Location: West By God VA | Registered: July 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

I then read the moms reply and can see exactly how this sort of thing can happen.

Care to sum up the reply? I cannot read any of those links. This sort of depravity physically sickens me. Is the family defending these dirtbags?

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

Care to sum up the reply? I cannot read any of those links. This sort of depravity physically sickens me. Is the family defending these dirtbags?

It's not clear if that is actually his mother or some other asshat justifying animal cruelty.

In short it says. - This is getting annoying, boys should be punished, but who hasn't stomped on an opossum or killed a few cats before?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Couple questions:

How old are the kids?

What is "possum stomping"?

What kind of person posts on facebook about killing a cat as if it's a minor thing??

I obviously didn't read the articles/watch vids, but I couldn't deal with watching it. I've been a lifelong hunter, but am of the variety who is sickened by anything other than a quick, humane death.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Caught part of the video. Couldn’t watch it.
Seriously, these kids can go to hell.
No value of life and can’t fathom what suffering is.
Send them off to MCRDSD and make them go through it twice. Make sure all the other recruits know why they’re there on their first tour.
Let them bask in the bed they made for themselves.

(Might be the first time I have used they’re, there, and their in a sentence with a purpose, instead of grammar shaming.)

Anyways, fuck these kids.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not want to watch the video, as in my over 50 years of camping I have learned to respect nature and the animals that live there.

I just hope those two little bastards receive what they deserve.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I can’t watch it either.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Send them off to MCRDSD and make them go through it twice. Make sure all the other recruits know why they’re there on their first tour.

(Might be the first time I have used they’re, there, and their in a sentence with a purpose, instead of grammar shaming.)

No. That isn't appropriate. Why on earth would you want to foist these defective excuses for human beings on our armed services?

They need to be sent to SCI Pine Grove until they turn 25. Then transfer them to SCI Forest for the remainder of their terms, or their lives - whichever comes first.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

No. That isn't appropriate. Why on earth would you want to foist these defective excuses for human beings on our armed services?

They need to be sent to SCI Pine Grove until they turn 25. Then transfer them to SCI Forest for the remainder of their terms, or their lives - whichever comes first.

I’m not saying let them serve in the military. I’m saying put them through the hell of basic training, where everyone knows why they are there and what they did. I cannot imagine how miserable an existence the DO’s and other recruits would make it.

And in the end, maybe they would learn something and become productive members of society.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
I'm glad that Para took the video down. I would not have watched it anyway. These two worthless POS need to be snuffed out like a candle! Mad

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post